three fingers trackpad latency

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
janusnr

three fingers trackpad latency

Post by janusnr » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:49 am

Hi
Okay so I've been having this problem for quite a while, but I haven't asked for help in here, as it's very hard for me to explain my problem (english isn't my main language...) But I'm gonna try. I hope someone can help me out.

So,
I use a trackpad for my right hand, and I have had some problems with my wrist, so I try not to click the trackpad. Instead I tap it, and I use three fingers, when I "change clip lenght by dragging the edges"
But my problem is, that when I "drag the edge" with my three fingers, I have to wait a bit before I can move the mouse, without the edges also moving. Even though I removed my fingers from the trackpad. Does it make sense? It fells like there is some latency, for the trackpad (or Ableton?) to see understand, that I already moved my fingers...

Is there any reason to this, and is it possible to change this "latency"?

I don't have any trackpad latency problems, when using tap, click and other stuff. Only when using three fingers...

Best,
Janus

maximejerryfraisse

Re: three fingers trackpad latency

Post by maximejerryfraisse » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:08 pm

I also thought for a long time that this little delay was a bug. But it actually allows you to perform a gesture in two or more stages - like holding down the "clilc".

In order to dodge this little delay, you can make a small touch on the trackpad when you have finished your gesture.

Hope that's helpful !
maximejerryfraisse / what I do = [INSTAGRAM]