LFO, Envelope Follower, and other Patches Reset When Reopening Session

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
madamus

LFO, Envelope Follower, and other Patches Reset When Reopening Session

Post by madamus » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:38 am

Hi all! So I am running Ableton 11.2.6 Suite on Mac OS Monterey 12.4. I have been repeatedly running into an issue -- when I reopen a session, every instance of three plugins will have reset to their default settings despite my having tweaked them in my previous work session. The plugins that this is happening with are LFO, Envelope Follower, and a third party Max effect called jo.PitchShift. The instances of the plugins will still be on the tracks, but they are set to default parameters. However - and this is the weird part - if I duplicate each instance of the plugin, the duplicated version of each will have all of the saved parameters - including any automation that was drawn into the session view. So this means that to get my session back to where I left if when I last closed it, I have to go through dozens of tracks and identify every instance of LFO, Envelope Follower, and jo.PitchShift, and duplicate those plugins and delete the original. Not the hugest deal in the world, but cumbersome and time consuming to have to do every time I open a session. Has anyone else had this same issue? And does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this? I'm thinking that it must have to do with Max for Live integration? jo.Pitch.Shift is a Max for Live device, and LFO and Envelope Follower had been in the Max for Live folder in Ableton 10 but now appear in the basic Audio Effects folder in 11...

madamus

Re: LFO, Envelope Follower, and other Patches Reset When Reopening Session

Post by madamus » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:25 am

*tap* *tap* ... this thing on?

I guess if I'm the only user who has experienced this I can sleep better at night knowing that I'm EXTRA special :D

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: LFO, Envelope Follower, and other Patches Reset When Reopening Session

Post by [jur] » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:53 pm

Well, I think I've heard about similar reports in the past, but not recently.
You should definitely report this to Support

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried to open and unfreeze those devices? I'm not saying that you should, but I want to know if you did it (I'm wondering if it could somehow have messed things up).
Ableton Forum Moderator