Hard Panning results in different frequencies.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Rimshot Graphix

Re: Hard Panning results in different frequencies.

Post by Rimshot Graphix » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 pm

thank you for the feedback......as a previous owner of a MacBook Pro, yes, i had forgotten the headaches of OS updates.

there is definitely Kool-Aid being drunk--- a friend of mine who always tells me that I should go all Mac, is constantly complaining about ProTools updates and operating system incompatibility-- lol.
and you are right, although I love Live, I have never noticed numerous updates.

Something to think about.........................

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:22 am

That's because Avid is SLOOOOOW to update their app for new OS's, not all companies take as long as they do.

Rimshot Graphix

Post by Rimshot Graphix » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:37 am

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOSH SOLVED.

basically, i had to drop everything that is considered common knowledge. Honestly, i do not know why i did not think of this before, because it has been my experience that Windows can be a bit quirky.

so the part that had me (and gracious helpers here) confused was why did it happen with both the preinstalled sound driver/device AND the Focusrite?
because it is common knowledge that Windows will run the sound device chosen, thus all other audio output stuff is not activated or bypassed. That is why some mentioned here the only thing that explained it is that i was not using ASIO drivers. ....but i was!

so tonight i went deep into Windows sound settings and found you could disable input and output devices. Which i did. And it really works because the devices you disable are even no longer listed in the device manager. So....one of the devices i disabled was the Realtek audio device that is the sound card installed in the motherboard. (note: that device was NOT selected as either my input OR my output device)

AND IT FIXED IT.

hopefully this can help others in the future who run into similar problems. hooray!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:12 am

Yay, thanks for letting us know what it was.