Pedalboard but with Push behavior?

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Punky921

Pedalboard but with Push behavior?

Post by Punky921 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:05 pm

Hey! Not sure if what I'm looking for exists but I'd love it if it does. I'm a guitarist / bassist who does music production at home. Currently I use an FCB1010 to control my pedal fx (overdrive, chorus, distortion, fuzz, etc.) using Ableton's normal MIDI mapping system. However, I often find myself switching channels to record rhythm guitar, bass guitar, and lead guitar. Three instruments, three recordings, three channels, three sets of pedal effects. Is there any pedal board midi controller that intelligently switches between channels like the Push 2, switching which effects it controls?

To explain a bit more: my FX chain is "overdrive, distortion, fuzz, chorus, amp, cabinet, reverb". Seven effects, seven pedals. I'd love to be able to have a pedal board switch which channel it controls when I switch it in the software, and automatically map all the on/off parameters. Does something like this exist? Is there an M4L patch that could do this?

chris harbin

Re: Pedalboard but with Push behavior?

Post by chris harbin » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:35 pm

Maybe I'm way off base, but just to be sure, you might be interested in this:

https://nektartech.com/pacer-midi-daw-f ... ontroller/

Not sure it would do what you want, and I've never known anyone who has one, but it looks pretty capable.
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.

Punky921

Post by Punky921 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:16 am

Looks cool - like a much more advanced and sensible version of the FCB1010 I have now. I'm starting to do a lot of guitar pedal / amp stuff through Amplitube, so my need for an Ableton Push-like pedal board is way down, especially since Amplitube only lets you run one rig at a time. Thanks for this though! If I get sick of my FCB1010's weird ass quirkiness, I may upgrade to something a little more sensible like the Nektar.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:33 am

Yep, M4L is a solution.
I've made a patch that does exactly this. Unfortunately it's very much designed to my specific needs and wouldn't be of much help to anyone else in this state.
If you know how to program in M4L I could share the device and you should be able to customize it to your needs without having to re-do everything.