slice to drum rack preset with macros that arent shared with all pads?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clay

slice to drum rack preset with macros that arent shared with all pads?

Post by clay » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:51 am

Im trying to create a slicing preset where i have simpler macros for each pad that arent global to the drum rack eg each pad's parameters can be individually changed without affecting the other pads. Seems like the default is for all pads to share the same macros with their siblings :(

ImageScreen Shot 2023-03-10 at 9.14.41 am by clayton chipper, on Flickr

when i save this as a slicing preset, live ignores my rack macros and just puts in default global macros that are shared to all pads

is there a way i can achieve what i want to do? maybe im doing something wrong?

Rivanni

Re: slice to drum rack preset with macros that arent shared with all pads?

Post by Rivanni » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:06 pm

Nothing you can do about it. The preset is the same for each pad, which makes sense because it would be impossible for Live to know what preset to use for what slice.
Macros can be different for siblings, but you must set them manually after the slicing is completed.

clay

Post by clay » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:47 am

Hey i want the macros to be the same for each pad, as ive got it in the screenshot. What i dont want is for the macro's to be shared to each pad eg if i change the attack knob, i want it to be just changed for one pad not all of them. Currently, if you move one macro it changes the parameter for all pads.

Rivanni wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:06 pm
Nothing you can do about it. The preset is the same for each pad, which makes sense because it would be impossible for Live to know what preset to use for what slice.
Macros can be different for siblings, but you must set them manually after the slicing is completed.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:49 am

You'd to have each slice into its own Simpler instance, unfortunately.
Ableton Forum Moderator

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:05 pm

Custom slicing presets won't work if the Sampler/Simpler is grouped into an Instrument Rack.
You can choose them from the slicing menu, but they will be ignored and the inbuilt Simpler defaults used instead.
It's been this way since slicing was intro'd in Live 8 (2009?) so I doubt it will ever change.