Stop saving the preset project

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lacrymoboy

Stop saving the preset project

Post by lacrymoboy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 am

Hello everyone.
I have a stupid issue that maybe you can resolve for me.

In normal situation :
1. You open Live,
2. a default project is open
3. when you want open a previous project, Live load it.

Ok but me, from the default preset I create a personnal default project, ready for my workflow.
1. I save it as a default project.
2. When I open Live the next time my personnal default open but it's not "saved" meaning that if I load another project Live asks me to save my default project first.
3. So I need all the time to do the "saving process" (selecting no cause I don't want to save it & name it) when I load a priveous project in Live.
and I don't know how to have my personal project in saved mode when I open Live.

I hope, I'm clear. Sorry for my english.
Thank you.

scg

Re: Stop saving the preset project

Post by scg » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:13 am

I don't have an answer, but I'm not seeing that behavior here (if I'm understanding correctly). I have a default project, but it's not unsaved when Ableton launches, or when I create a new project while Ableton is open.

In macOS, when a project/file has unsaved changes, there's a dot in the middle of the red 'close' circle in the upper left. When you start Ableton or create a new project, do you see that? (Or an equivalent in Windows, if there is one?)

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:57 am

This would typically happen if you have a script running or a device in your set that changes a parameter by itself. If you have a look at edit>undo and see that you can undo something, that's what's happening.

lacrymoboy

Post by lacrymoboy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry, I should inform my gear : MBP M1 / Live11 (but I had the same "issue" on my older Mac).

@scg: you understand well :-) and yes there is a dot in my red button.

@sporkles: when I click on Edit>Undo it says "Cancel the plugin parameters list"… So I guessed one of my plugin change parameters when the default project open…
I erase one by one and I found which one is it : Kontakt7 (well Kontakt cause I had the same pb with Kontakt6).

I thought I found the solution but I opened another templates project, erased Kontakt plugins saved it & saved it as default preset and I end up with the same issue : dot on red button but this time nothing to Undo!

I'm confused. I don't understand.
Any Idea?
Thanks a lot.

Last bumped by lacrymoboy on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:30 pm.