Pad Lights Remaining On

Discuss Push with other users.
NewFutureFantasy

Pad Lights Remaining On

Post by NewFutureFantasy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:15 pm

Hello.
My Push2 started to behave strangely since a few weeks. When I'm switching tracks on the Push 2 while the pads are lighted up on a track, the lighted up pads will be carried over to the other track (they won't make sounds, its basically just incorrect visual feedback). It feels like the device forgets to clear the matrix/buffer on switching tracks. This can get very messy quickly when i'm switching tracks back and forth and the currently active pads are being carried over the new tracks, and it is very annoying too.
Is anyone else experiencing this, and does anyone have a solution.
Thanks.

scheffkoch

Re: Pad Lights Remaining On

Post by scheffkoch » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:52 pm

....i too have this behaviour sometimes...and thought it's triggered by a "bad" m4l device or plugin...will report this in the beta forum....
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

NewFutureFantasy

Post by NewFutureFantasy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:30 pm

I not sure it's anything to do with M4L devices, as I'm sure I've not loaded any new M4L devices to cause this. I loaded the audio and midi Blinkloopers a few months ago, but nothing since, and this fault has only recently started.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:11 pm

...for me it started some weeks ago with an ableton beta version (i don't know which)...since it'a also happening in the release version i can't post it in the beta forum...you can just file a bug report and send it to ableton...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

NewFutureFantasy

Post by NewFutureFantasy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:14 pm

Yes, it started for me a few weeks ago. Also elsewhere I have talked to a couple of people who are experiencing the same problem. I have Live 11 Suite 11.2.10.

emergentforms

Post by emergentforms » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:29 am

I thought I was going crazy! I unplugged, updated and damn near sold off all my other midi devices because of this issue. Ableton, please fix this asap! It happens very very frequently.