Connect Novation Impulse25 into Impulse49 ?

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
krojc

Connect Novation Impulse25 into Impulse49 ?

Post by krojc » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:10 pm

Hello Everybody!

please, do anybody knows, if it is possible to use simultaneously two Impulse surfaces ? Have Impuls25, it stands unused. Has anybody such experience? I think in that way - Impulse49 is the main control surface for Live. When i connect Impulse25 via MIDI in/out ports to 49, will it works to control some plugin in LiveSet separately, simultaneously and synced? Lets say i have piano and Drummachine in Live Set. Piano controled on Impulse49 as main surface, but Drummachine is controlled extra on other midi channel of 49 via Impulse25, synced and simultaneously.....??
Maybe it is wrong think-path, im not so experted, just idea.. maybe anybody knows...

Thank you for every answer...
Danke fuer jede Antwort...

Lukas
Sneznik
Bohemia

yur2die4

Re: Connect Novation Impulse25 into Impulse49 ?

Post by yur2die4 » Sat May 06, 2023 2:34 pm

A second controller can be handy. But you have to start deciding which things can be controlled by which controller. There should be dropdown options available on the instrument channels in session view if you activate the input output button. From there you can set if you want All controllers controlling a channel or just specific ones.

But then you also have to decide on arming and monitoring. By default you usually only arm one channel at a time. And that channel monitors and accepts all midi device inputs. But you can also set it so an instrument for the 25 key is always ‘monitor’ and all other instruments can be set to only receive midi from the 49. And on those you play whichever one is armed.

That’s an example. If you have a lot of controllers, an alternative is to do it with midi channel instead of midi controller.

It does become a tricky mess.

krojc

Re: Connect Novation Impulse25 into Impulse49 ?

Post by krojc » Sun May 14, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi Hello,
Thank for answer, i will try the options...

Greets
Luke