HELP -ableton-> Dante ->ANDIAMO

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theroadrunner711

HELP -ableton-> Dante ->ANDIAMO

Post by theroadrunner711 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:17 pm

Greetings. Building a redundant playback rig. Using MacBook Pro m1 on OS Ventura, ableton suite 11.2 via Dante virtual sounds card, into a Dante enabled ANDIAMO made by directout technologies. ANDIAMO is an auto switching digital to analog convert/rack unit. ANDIAMO is leader in Dante controller.

Once ableton suite 11.2 downloaded and started Dante, and connected ANDIAMO, all sync is good, all routing is good, all IP and subnet are good. Track 1 Audio passes fine no issue. Song 2 audio plays, as the tracks roll there is audible distortion chopping. Think (cha cha cha cha cha) thru the who song. At the end of the song is an outro in which ableton has temp automation. As tempo automation happens, and track rolls, looking at Dante controller-> ANDIAMO->latency tab.. late audio packets upwards of 4000 late and Audio is continued distorted. Not every song in the set had the issue. Some played fine.

Computer b- 2015 MacBook Pro (intel)OS Monterey. Ableton 11.2 via Dante, into ANDIAMO. Sync is good, IP and subnets good, audio passes. SAME DISTORTION DURING 2nd song and tempo change.

On the same computer I have an instance of ableton 9. All audio works fine thru ableton 9, via Dante into ANDIAMO .

Tried another computer, different ableton session. . Computer c, MacBook air M1
Os Ventura, ableton 11.2, Dante into ANDIAMO. Sync good, ip and subnets good. Audio plays fine but, output 1/2 in ableton is showing up as output 1/2/3 in ANDIAMO meters. Checked Dante controller routing, and unpatched channel 3. Audio still playing thru channel 3. Then audio distortion follows and does not go away. My conclusion for computer c was I found a bug, and wiped the computer clean back to factory reset. Installed pro tools, and Dante, into ANDIAMO. No problem, no distortion, works smooth.