Warping multitracks

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
billybuck1

Warping multitracks

Post by billybuck1 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:56 pm

I’m importing stems into arrangement view that were not recorded to a click and I would like to warp them to the grid. I’m aware that in Live 11 I can either link the tracks or shift+select them to warp them together. (I’m also aware that selecting a drum track last is helpful in warping.) However, both of those methods disable a couple of tools that would be very useful in this context, namely “set 1.1.1 here” and “warp from here (straight).”

Those two features would save a lot of time, keeping me from having to alt-drag the tracks to align the first beat (which is not easy in arrangement view), and to let Ableton automate the placement of warp markers further down the timeline.

Is there a way to set 1.1.1 and “warp from here” with multiple tracks?

S4racen

Re: Warping multitracks

Post by S4racen » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:08 pm

No, you need to do them individually, there isn't batch processing in live in this way...

Cheers
D

AJOK

Post by AJOK » Wed May 31, 2023 5:55 am

Yes! It makes absolutely no sense that those marvellous tools disappear when you have multiple clips selected.. especially with the new warp algo, it would make warping stems a breeze rather than the tedious process it is right now!

cclcng

Post by cclcng » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:26 am

New warp algorithm ??