Midi Organ jumps to full volume unexpectedly third note in.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
avidliving

Midi Organ jumps to full volume unexpectedly third note in.

Post by avidliving » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:13 pm

I 'm using a midi organ that comes with Ableton live intro. I made some edits and changed the sounds to other instruments. It was playing fine but something went wrong and now it plays normal until the third note in and about halfway through that note there a sudden burst of full volume like it was from the volume knob on keyboard but was not touched. Tried backup files but the problem is there when it should not. Even on backup file from previous day when it was fine. Tried resetting volume. No effect. Would be easier to redo the track but it was perfect and I'd like to know what happed so I don't make a mistake again and know how to fix if it happens again. Any ideas anyone.
Thanks David

scg

Re: Midi Organ jumps to full volume unexpectedly third note in.

Post by scg » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:58 pm

This may be too obvious a question, but is there any automation on the track? (Or elsewhere in the project?)

avidliving

Re: Midi Organ jumps to full volume unexpectedly third note in.

Post by avidliving » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:30 pm

No automation on the track. Seems like there is though. I think it is a bug in Ableton or spitfire audio. Originally this track was strings with spitfire's BBC Symphony. Strings played in long note style go from low volume to high playing a single note. I guess these instructions have been past on but the subtleties have been lost. I have switched instruments before and not had a problem like this. Also some plugins have different performance issues when switching. But easiest solution is to rerecord it from scratch.