Shortcuts to the level of Logic

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mosstet

Shortcuts to the level of Logic

Post by mosstet » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:54 pm

I'm trying to speed up my workflow and finding live's envelopes/pianoroll switching window super frustrating. I'm using it mainly for CC1 and Hold function but it stays on envelopes window or piano roll seemingly randomly. I feel like i'm always having to switch.
I just watched this composers logic shortcuts video and am wondering, is there something like this for Live?
https://youtu.be/MKqWMVdUbOI
I'm going to try keeping all automation out of the envelopes window and on the arrangement window instead, but would love advanced quantising shortcuts, or open / close instrument instance, or switch off entire track and clear RAM...

Maybe there are M4L devices that have this stuff?
Thanks

Valiumdupeuple

Re: Shortcuts to the level of Logic

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:59 pm

The shortcuts for piano roll/envelopes are alt+1 and alt+2
You can keymap most of Live's UI elements.
There's a shortcuts list in the user guide.
If you need more, like shortcuts that'll work on the currently selected track, check this M4L device. You might want to check my other devices, are most of them have been designed to enhance workflow (i.e I hate using the mouse)

mosstet

Post by mosstet » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:18 pm

Ah i didn't know about the alt-1/2 switch! Thankyou.
And yo! I already use your Clipgain and BiP. Amazing devices.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/7 ... ll-effects - found this device for switching off devices in specific tracks. For anyone who's interested.

mosstet

Post by mosstet » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:59 pm
The shortcuts for piano roll/envelopes are alt+1 and alt+2
You can keymap most of Live's UI elements.
There's a shortcuts list in the user guide.
If you need more, like shortcuts that'll work on the currently selected track, check this M4L device. You might want to check my other devices, are most of them have been designed to enhance workflow (i.e I hate using the mouse)
Hey I got a chance to try this today and found it didn't work. Is this a Live 11 thing?