No midi sound

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pickel84

No midi sound

Post by Pickel84 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:43 am

So I can hear everything else that I record but when I record a MIDI clip I can see the notes or sequence laid out but there is no sound when I play back. I can hear the clip when I record but when I go to play it back there's no sound the 909 drum set is in the track and I'm not really sure but I know I'm an idiot and it is probably something I've done wrong?. Using windows and a motu M2 live lite

yur2die4

Re: No midi sound

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:37 am

It might be a case of the Monitor and Arming setup. If Monitor is set to ‘in’ then you’ll only hear sound from what you play in real time. If Monitor is Off, then you’ll only hear whatever has been recorded.

With Monitor set to Auto, it plays back clips but also allows you to monitor simultaneously when the ARM button is activated.

Pickel84

Post by Pickel84 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:00 am

yur2die4 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:37 am
It might be a case of the Monitor and Arming setup. If Monitor is set to ‘in’ then you’ll only hear sound from what you play in real time. If Monitor is Off, then you’ll only hear whatever has been recorded.

With Monitor set to Auto, it plays back clips but also allows you to monitor simultaneously when the ARM button is activated.
Yeah it's set to auto as well I don't know what the heck is happening

creative_beast

Post by creative_beast » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:40 pm

This is the case for me on 2 drum tracks from an old track I recorded over a year ago. I just came back from the apple store where a guy who does not know ableton fiddled with it for a while and got one of the tracks to play! When I asked him what he did, he was unable to show me.
I submitted a trouble ticket with the support time who were not helpful.
Since I can hear the playback of new recorded Midi tracks I may be posting this is in the wrong place?