Song changes from platform to platform

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Shambler

Song changes from platform to platform

Post by Shambler » Thu May 11, 2023 11:59 am

Hello,

I'm new here and new to music production.

I made a song to have a distinct echo throughout the song. You can hear it on my computer and certain devices. Even can hear it through my headphones. When I try listening to it on my phone, the echo doesn't show up making the song sound weird. Is there any way I may be able to fix this so the proper echo goes through?

Thank you

Tarekith

Re: Song changes from platform to platform

Post by Tarekith » Thu May 11, 2023 2:00 pm

More than likely your phone only has mono speakers so the stereo delay is either canceling itself out or just too quiet to hear properly. This is just one of the downsides of mono playback, and really the only way to truly address it is to use a mono delay instead of a stereo.

Just guessing though, hard to say without hearing an example of what your song sounds like.

Shambler

Post by Shambler » Thu May 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Thank you for the help.

Shambler

Post by Shambler » Thu May 11, 2023 7:35 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 2:00 pm
More than likely your phone only has mono speakers so the stereo delay is either canceling itself out or just too quiet to hear properly. This is just one of the downsides of mono playback, and really the only way to truly address it is to use a mono delay instead of a stereo.

Just guessing though, hard to say without hearing an example of what your song sounds like.
This is my example. It still needs a lot of work. I appreciate any feedback.
Last edited by Shambler on Sat May 13, 2023 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu May 11, 2023 11:29 pm

Honestly I'm not sure what is going on. I listened to the song and I hear the same delay on my studio monitors and on the iPhone and iPad. My best guess is that your phone is a mono speaker like I said, or perhaps it has some sort of noise reduction happening that's messing things up.

Shambler

Post by Shambler » Thu May 11, 2023 11:55 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:29 pm
Honestly I'm not sure what is going on. I listened to the song and I hear the same delay on my studio monitors and on the iPhone and iPad. My best guess is that your phone is a mono speaker like I said, or perhaps it has some sort of noise reduction happening that's messing things up.
I do appreciate you going through all that for me. At least I have conformation. It probably is just my phone. I'll keep this in mind for next time. Thank you for all your help!