Push 3 CV via ADAT?

Discuss Push with other users.
elbows

Re: Push 3 CV via ADAT?

Post by elbows » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:46 pm

If they give us access to far more of the settings in the CV tools when controlled via the Push, then we could overcome these issues. They probably set all the outputs on the Push version to be unipolar positive only because of the way the built in CV ports work (I guess) and need to allow us to choose for ourselves when using ADAT ports. Being able to run calibration from the Push itself is also important in my book. It was also be useful to have access to many other options in this module.

A possible workaround is to set most of these settings (and even calibration) using normal Live, then save them as a preset, the transfer that preset to the Push standalone. I didnt manage to successfully achieve that when I briefly tried, but I may have done something simple wrong during my brief attempt. If anyone succeeds, please describe location where you saved the preset, where you copied it too ont he push 3 and where you then found it within Push 3 menus.

invertednothing

Post by invertednothing » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:06 pm

elbows wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:46 pm
A possible workaround is to set most of these settings (and even calibration) using normal Live, then save them as a preset, the transfer that preset to the Push standalone. I didnt manage to successfully achieve that when I briefly tried, but I may have done something simple wrong during my brief attempt. If anyone succeeds, please describe location where you saved the preset, where you copied it too ont he push 3 and where you then found it within Push 3 menus.
That was easy. Did it a lot during testing; I did the calibration in controller mode and saved it as a preset. It's in / User Library / Presets / Instruments / Max Instrument. Then I switched to stand alone mode and copy the file to the push in the same location.

If you are able to tune your VCO so low, that you reach the C3 with the + on it will work for your I guess...

ThomasKlemp

Post by ThomasKlemp » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:42 pm

I am able to use Asio4All to combine two Asio Soundcards, I am able to combine Push3 with my Focusrite Clarett 4Pre. So i have 14 Audio Inputs
(Clarett 8 Analog 2 Digital) and Push ( 4 Analog) and I have 16 Outputs, Clarett (6 Analog, 2 Digital) and Push (4 Analog and 4 CV Out) - This is a dream Setup with Low Latency (44100 128 3.6ms i/o) and works for me. I hace synced them with ADAT
However it would be nice if Ableton Enables this feature in the Push3 ASIO Driver, since most Push3 Users already have a nice Audio Interface like Focurite, RME, UAD or Arturia. This would enhance their Audio Interface with optional Inputs from The Push3 and offer them the possibility to use the CV outs with their Audiointerface. My Focurite has no DC Outputs, so it can't handle CV out, thats why I am using now Asio 4 All to combine the 4 CV from Push. A cool addition is that i have 4 more Analog Inputs from Push3 to expand my HW Synths in Stereo.
Maybe Ableton could offer something better than this freeware solution.
A lot of users are searching for ADAT Devices to enhance Push3 but it would be much better if we could use our current Interface and enhance it with Push 3 Audio Interface.