Push 3 "Arrangement View" Concept/Mockup

Discuss Push with other users.
jezric

Re: Push 3 "Arrangement View" Concept/Mockup

Post by jezric » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:00 pm

L05 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 pm
I have been super disappointed as a Push 3 owner that they don’t yet have arrangement view. My Push 3 will continue to collect dust until this feature is meaningfully added. :cry:
Yep... I returned my P3S ... The workflow is just not there yet in my opinion (regarding using the Push as a standalone tool, even when tethered to a computer). Plus, the buttons are so stiff and not consistently (some are stiff and hard to push and some aren't so much), it made it really frustrating to use.

I know all this is beyond just lacking an arrangement view or follow-actions, but not having those capabilities for me required me to be at a computer anyway, so, it really wasn't solving anything. If it had an arrangement view and could actually be fully used as a composing tool standalone (like the Maschine+), I probably would have kept it.

Anyway... I don't see any of this changing any time soon. So, I'm fine with using an APC64 and the mouse/keyboard/monitor.

offcmd

Post by offcmd » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:51 pm

+1 to follow action control on standalone!

ebbes

Post by ebbes » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:09 pm

This would be a dream.
On the Maschine + It is very well solved.

Michaeljk1963

Post by Michaeljk1963 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:52 pm

This might seem strange, but for me, just getting started with Live and Push 3 after many years using Logic (which only just recently added a clip mode), I am glad I don't have the option of arrangement view and am forced to use clips in session mode. I really want to get my head around this completely different way of making music and "seeing" my "songs."

CH7

Post by CH7 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:25 pm

Liking this, but....

Instead of an arrangement view that tries to recreate the arrangement view on Live proper, what about a view that was unique to the push. A clips arrangement view. or song view.

This way you could organize your clips to play from start to end, with a playhead, whilst still having the option to duplicate, replace, extend, or shorten sections of that view.

It would be blockier, without the finer details of samples or audio, but it would allow you to create a song structure based on your clips, then when you wanted to move on, you could export the audio tracks to Live Proper and continue the mix there. The key thing is there is only 8gb to work with and no dedicated gpu, so there need to be compromises.

You could have this song view playing as you created more clips, patterns, loops, one shots, for inclusion in that view. In fact you could use that view to 'block out' the song, creating the spaces where clips would go, before creating those clips, or swapping out one clip for another.

This is about structure, the song before it becomes the finished mix. You might go further and create genra-specific templates for song structures where you add the details later. Saving and sharing these. This in my opinion would make the Push its own thing and drive more people to adopt the Push.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:27 pm

Totally agree with this concept and submitted a similar idea to the centrecode page.

CH7

Post by CH7 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:14 pm

robleighton22 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:27 pm
Totally agree with this concept and submitted a similar idea to the centrecode page.
I strongly believe we'll see this down the road as a Live 12 upgrade.

It would use the same core concept as the note editing, eg the same object models.
Its a win win, as it would promote the Push to those who believe they don't neeed the push, Whilst keeping the focus on Live proper as a mastering tool.

Here's to 2024, Happy new year Ableton.

merges

Post by merges » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:47 am

Just another upvote for Push Arrangement mode support. Have we heard anything from Ableton about this?