Push 3 Build Quality (First Impression)

Discuss Push with other users.
Audivit

Push 3 Build Quality (First Impression)

Post by Audivit » Fri May 26, 2023 7:05 pm

I've just received Push 3, and I want to share my opinion about the build quality on my first impression, please note that I'm usually very picky about this subject.

- Overall the unit is super hefty, reassuringly so.

- The buttons (compared to the ones in the Push 2) are much more solid and firm to the touch. On the Push 2 you could dig into them and almost feel the little switch behind the rubber, well this is no more a thing.

- The enclosure finish is very soft to the touch, but it's not rubberised (thanks god), it feels very similar to high quality ABS you can find in some computer keycaps.

- The encoders (which were the thing I hated most about Push 2) are much more solid and smooth now, even the (stepped) volume and tempo encoders they feel much more smooth and precise.

- The Jog-Wheel is on another level, the engineers did an awesome job with this, it feels as something taken from the cockpit of a high-end BMW.

So here is my very fist impression about the Push 3 build quality, all I can say is that they nailed it, it feels very premium (which should not be a surprise given the price), but I have tried expensive gear that lacked this premium feel many times before, and I have to say this time I was genuinely surprised in a good way.

sinik

Re: Push 3 Build Quality (First Impression)

Post by sinik » Fri May 26, 2023 7:40 pm

thank you very much for your insights. i was waiting for someone to tell about all those „details“. for me its very important to have an instrument that functions proper and feels good to touch. i always liked my old mpcs for this. the buttons and the dials didnt do it for me on push 2, im glad they improved it!

and how nice is it to have some jog wheel action!!! 8)

binarysun

Post by binarysun » Sat May 27, 2023 10:42 am

I can confirm that. I have three minor remarks

- I will replace the large jog for one that has that finger hole in there for faster scrolling through large lists
- the finish feels like it’s not the one that will get sticky over time (hopefully) but it still is kind of fingerprint magnet.
- would have been cool do have the delete and duplicate button on the left side of the screen to make note editing way faster (that’s not a huge problem I just noticed that I have to reach down from the jog fairly often and at some point was using my left hand to reach over to the buttons so I can leave my right hand on the jog)

Wyrmberg

Post by Wyrmberg » Sat May 27, 2023 2:19 pm

In the lists where you choose a device or sound etc. you can use the potis at the top to move way faster than with the big one.

djdazie

Post by djdazie » Mon May 29, 2023 4:24 am

Does your jog wheel have a little “slack” or play on it before it clicks to scroll to the next option?

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Mon May 29, 2023 8:57 am

Mine does when turned, feels like its supposed to be that way though. The 3 does feel nicer to use than the 2, gets a little warmer.

RaadsKoen

Post by RaadsKoen » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:40 am

in my case the jog wheel has a problem....;

when clicking to the right, the click lower in sound (the switch you can hear), and responses with little force, or almost none.

but when clicking to the left; you hear the click harder, and must use more force.

it responds in both directions in different ways, and to left, sometimes, it does not respond.

FlipBit

Post by FlipBit » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:38 am

RaadsKoen wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:40 am
in my case the jog wheel has a problem....;

when clicking to the right, the click lower in sound (the switch you can hear), and responses with little force, or almost none.

but when clicking to the left; you hear the click harder, and must use more force.

it responds in both directions in different ways, and to left, sometimes, it does not respond.
I have the same situation but the harder press/force/click is to the right :D Before reading your comment I didn't even knew about nudging the jog wheel :D I guess many people may have missed this. And it's not bothering me that much probably because of my bottom left pad retriggering by itself all the time and driving me crazy.