Discuss Push with other users.
cjonesnyc

Re: Push 3: Can't change headphone volume

Post by cjonesnyc » Tue May 30, 2023 4:20 pm

yes, I updated before even having this issue

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm

I think I found a workaround for this, hold select and tap the volume knob, it will go through the options properly.

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Tue May 30, 2023 5:22 pm

jiggle wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm
I think I found a workaround for this, hold select and tap the volume knob, it will go through the options properly.
This works. And to be clear like jiggle said. Just tap, you don't have to press and hear a click.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 30, 2023 6:30 pm

Yep you can always use the Select+tap, but that doesn't solve the problem unfortunately.
You should report to Support to see if it's a software issue or (I hope not) something defective on your unit.
Ableton Forum Moderator

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Tue May 30, 2023 6:47 pm

[jur] wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 6:30 pm
Yep you can always use the Select+tap, but that doesn't solve the problem unfortunately.
You should report to Support to see if it's a software issue or (I hope not) something defective on your unit.
Yea I already did. Sent a video and everything. I feel like this is a hardware issue. I can change the outputs by pressing it, it just needs to be pressed a little harder and more evenly than when I first used it. Which I imagine may get worse over time.

warper

Post by warper » Wed May 31, 2023 9:41 am

Here is whow its working on my Push:

touching knob: display: "Main Output"
clicking knob once: display: "Headphone Output"
clicking knob twice: display: "Master Volume"
clicking knob third: display: "Cue Volume"

If touching again after display dissappears, last function is shown. So looks like the knob shows last function by tapping and click works like a cycle between the functions.

... last firmware installed...

eclipxe

Post by eclipxe » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:34 am

Yeah my hardware is definitely defective. Using select and touching the encoder works beautifully. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s just physically not registering clicks. Support has gotten back to me so hopefully replacement hardware is available!

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:30 pm

eclipxe wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:34 am
Yeah my hardware is definitely defective. Using select and touching the encoder works beautifully. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s just physically not registering clicks. Support has gotten back to me so hopefully replacement hardware is available!
Do you have an update on whether Ableton is replacing your device or providing some kind of fix?
I'm still waiting for a response. It's been about 10 days since I opened the ticket.

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 pm

Mine seems to work ok, but i did notice something that might be worth checking. If i press the control down from the edge, it clicks but doesnt do anything, if i press it down from the center, it works every time. Thought it might be worth giving try, if it works when clicked a little precisely, it might not need sending back.

Sorry if thats of no help at all, I hate returning stuff. Good luck

xeamus

Post by xeamus » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:29 pm

Tried to lift the tempoknob and put it back again in another ”angle”?

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:38 pm

jiggle wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm
Looks like Ableton is removing this workaround in the next update

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11-beta/
"Removed the option to choose a different volume option by holding the Select button and tapping the Volume encoder."

clmfrt

Post by clmfrt » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:02 pm

Why would they even do that ? It's the only way that works for me. Clicking the button works one time out of five

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:31 pm

same here, i have to pretty accurate to get a click to be a click.

danieljodeci

Post by danieljodeci » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:26 pm

Same issue here, and this is the replacement unit they sent out that was just delivered today :roll:

dkfusion

Post by dkfusion » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:19 am

I have the same problem with my unit (only controller, no standalone). When pushing the encoder in the middle, it does click, but does not always change the channel, sometimes I have to push the encoder like 50 times until it changes the channel. My unit is getting pretty warm in the area of the volume encoder and, at least for me, I can cross-relate the heat to the malfunction of this encoder. Whenever the unit is cold the chance of switching the channel by pushing the encoder is higher than if the unit got warmer due to longer runtime. After a few hours of performing with the push 3, this encoder does almost not react to pushes anymore, until cooled down!

I doubt this is fixable by a firmware update. In this context, removing the „select and touch the volume encoder to change the channel“ option might be the worst idea. Imaging your unit is getting warm during a (hopefully not live !!!) performance and pushing the encoder does not work due to the developed heat, there MUST be a fallback method to switch the channels!

Dear Ableton engineers, whatever you are planning to do next, you have to iron that out asap!