Two Qs: tempo using LFO? add instrument to new track from browser?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beebeeveevee

Two Qs: tempo using LFO? add instrument to new track from browser?

Post by beebeeveevee » Sat May 27, 2023 2:00 pm

Hi!

As it says in the heading...

1. I'm looking for a way of assigning an LFO or some sort of random element to the overall tempo of a set. I want it to operate within a fairly narrow range. I've tried mapping Ableton's LFO to Song Tempo, but despite it seeming to successfully map, it has no effect. I've adjusted the parameters on the LFO to get the tempo range I want and the rate of oscillation I want, but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas...?

2. I want to be able to add an instrument from the browser to a new track without having to drag it across to the vacant space in the view. If I press Enter when an instrument is selected, it replaces the current instrument in the track I'm working on. Again, any ideas??

Thanks!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Two Qs: tempo using LFO? add instrument to new track from browser?

Post by [jur] » Sat May 27, 2023 5:10 pm

beebeeveevee wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:00 pm
Hi!

As it says in the heading...

1. I'm looking for a way of assigning an LFO or some sort of random element to the overall tempo of a set. I want it to operate within a fairly narrow range. I've tried mapping Ableton's LFO to Song Tempo, but despite it seeming to successfully map, it has no effect. I've adjusted the parameters on the LFO to get the tempo range I want and the rate of oscillation I want, but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas...?

2. I want to be able to add an instrument from the browser to a new track without having to drag it across to the vacant space in the view. If I press Enter when an instrument is selected, it replaces the current instrument in the track I'm working on. Again, any ideas??

Thanks!
1. You can't do it this way. I think Isotonik has a device that can do it though.

2. Check this.
Ableton Forum Moderator

beebeeveevee

Re: Two Qs: tempo using LFO? add instrument to new track from browser?

Post by beebeeveevee » Sun May 28, 2023 11:18 am

Thanks.