What i am Missing after some Days with Push3 Standalone

Discuss Push with other users.
dest4b

What i am Missing after some Days with Push3 Standalone

Post by dest4b » Tue May 30, 2023 5:31 am

Hi,

after some days with the new Push3 Standalone i am missing some things.

- re/naming of Channels
- re/naming of Samples
- Programchange in a Midiclip
- Midi Programchange at all. ( i know there are some Max4Live Devices, but that is essential )
- Map parameters to a controller / or a device like Midi LFO

An idea for renaming .. wouldnt it be cool to connect a QWERTY Keyboard to Push for that ?
I had that on my Force even if it has a onscreen Keyboard.

to be continued.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

JeffX

Re: What i am Missing after some Days with Push3 Standalone

Post by JeffX » Tue May 30, 2023 6:48 am

The absence of the ability to send PC/MSB/LSB messages is totally incomprehensible 8O
This is one of the basics of MIDI.

Also,
since we only have the session mode from the Push Standalone, the 'Follow actions" should be present too.

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Tue May 30, 2023 7:06 am

not only program change, we also need the other basic midi clip parameters:
:2 *2
return / inv
legato...

Wyrmberg

Post by Wyrmberg » Tue May 30, 2023 10:03 am

I would also love a global macro page, where you can map parameters from all the tracks to, so you don’t need an external MIDI controller attached when you want to control more than one device at the same time.

The missing PC per clip is a real bummer. Was one of my main complains when the M+ was launched. Only reason why that’s not such a big issue currently for me is me being on the road without external gear and that I am currently happy with the stock synths. But as soon as I am home, I want some Virus in my tracks!

axonp

Post by axonp » Tue May 30, 2023 12:28 pm

I'm looking for a feature that allows me to lock a specific track selection. This would be particularly beneficial in live scenarios where, for instance, I'm manipulating effects on the master track to generate a buildup. Currently, when I trigger a clip, the system automatically switches control to the track where the clip is playing, making it virtually impossible to continue operating effects on the master track without manually reverting control back to it. This switch is particularly challenging in a live setting where time is of the essence. Given that the Push already includes a lock button, it would be tremendously useful if I could lock the active track by simultainously press on the lock button and a track. This would ensure that the track remains active, regardless of whether I initiate clips on different tracks.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 30, 2023 1:32 pm

axonp wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:28 pm
Given that the Push already includes a lock button, it would be tremendously useful if I could lock the active track by simultainously press on the lock button and a track.
+1
Ableton Forum Moderator