How to convert from Ableton Live Test Project to Ableton Live Standard Project?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jodas

How to convert from Ableton Live Test Project to Ableton Live Standard Project?

Post by Jodas » Tue May 30, 2023 4:03 pm

Hello!

So I took advantage of the 90 days test trial of ableton, which now ran out, so I finally decided to buy the standard version of ableton.
Before my trial ran out I was working on an already advanced track, with lots of automation and other stuff going on.
Problem is, I used the sampler on 3 tracks, which only is part of the suite version of Ableton.

Now I can still open the project with the sampler in it, but am not allowed to safe or export from it anymore.
You´d assume that you could simply delete the tracks, on which I´m using the sampler but nope, it just doesnt work. Even after deleting the tracks, I still can not safe the project, because it still tells me it´s using features of an ableton version, that my standard version is not authorized for.

I then tried to just copy the tracks from the Trial version to a new project through the integrated browser in ableton, and just don´t copy the tracks with the sampler on it, problem then was, it still sounded so much different, because it sometimes just decided to not copy the automation and probably some other stuff as well.

All I want is the original project filer without these tracks, but it just won´t let me... Any idea what to do?

Appreciate any help!
Daniel
Last edited by Jodas on Tue May 30, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodas

Re: How to covert from Ableton Live Test Project to Ableton Live Standard Project?

Post by Jodas » Tue May 30, 2023 4:16 pm

Nvm, figured it out!
For anyone having the same issue:

Open the project that uses unauthorized plugins > delete those > in ableton open settings > Licenses Maintenance > and reauthorize through ableton.com

Cheers!