Push 3 MIDI Sync Problems

Discuss Push with other users.
bastiancreations

Push 3 MIDI Sync Problems

Post by bastiancreations » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 pm

My push 3 wont slave to my RC600 Looper, despite all settings saying it should. Am I missing something?

When working as a master the clock is really unstable, causing my other hardware to glitch out like crazy, any solutions would be hugely appreciated.

jiggle

Re: Push 3 MIDI Sync Problems

Post by jiggle » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:52 pm

Ive asked about this and got no replies. Ableton has the ext button, the push 3 doesnt, for me it just ignores all midi clocks no matter what. Hopefully someone knows how to get around this?

medenine

Post by medenine » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:13 am

My Push 3 send out clock perfectly to all my midi instruments. It he one thing it doesn’t do is send clock when transport is stopped so I can’t hear notes on my Perkons triggers until the transport is running again. Needs to have an option to send clock when standing still.

ezbot

Post by ezbot » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:32 am

MIDI clock in does not work on my Push 3 either.
Last edited by ezbot on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/ezbot

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:24 am

ezbot wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:32 am
Can confirm, MIDI in DOES NOT WORK on the Push 3.
Can you give more detail? The topic's about midi clock.
Were you talking about midi clock, or midi in in general?
Because midi in/out is implemented and works (unless you're experiencing a bug).
Ableton Forum Moderator

ezbot

Post by ezbot » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:26 am

My 3.5mm MIDI input does not accept clock, the MIDI output however does send clock. I did use the same cable for both ports along with 2 other 3.5mm MIDI cables. Midi notes work though, just not clock.
youtube.com/ezbot

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:05 am

Created a Support Ticket one week ago that there is no Midi Clock in.

Got no answer until that.

And yes Clock out and CV Clock out of Push is currently unusuable. Also created a Ticket and fighting with support.
They told me i made a mistake :D
har har.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:27 am

I have exactly the same. I want to use my octatrack mk2 as the midi clock and transport with the push in standalone, Ive gone over all the settings for sync, tried everything, the bpm on the push does not change, start/stop is also ignored.

Using the clock output from the push works, but its wobbly, it varies up to nearly 2bpm on my elektron devices (which where rock solid before the push),
this makes the octatrack effects all out of sync.

I just tried with all usb devices disconnected, using a lp pro as the clock, same thing, no midi clock sync, no start/stop, I then hooked the lp up directly to the octatrack, all works perfectly (skipping the push entirely), also the launchpad pro mk3 has an amazingly stable clock.

Same story using usb, the push will accept transport, but ignores the clock no matter what.

The push 3 in standalone will not act as the clock slave at all. It works poorly as the master clock and will not sync to an external clock.

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:16 am

Midi Clock is about -15ms latency in relation to Pushs audio out
CV Trigger Clock 24PPQN is about -10ms latency in relation to Pushs audio out.

Support is not very helpful. I wrote 24 ANswers. And they are still not understanding my Problem. Or they wont.
I have been adviced that it is a Monitoring problem if i rout audio from external gear to Push.

I have told them several times that my Push is connected to a mixer and all my other gear starts playing 10-15ms earlier as Pushs audio Out starts.

For that i made the following test:

Push Midi Track Core Kit 707 Kick 4/4
external Sync to MachineDrum 4/4 Kick

Both in Mixer recorded on my DAW in Ableton.
Machinedrum over Midi sync -15ms earlyer then Puhs
Machinedrum over 24PPQN CV tools clock in ERM Multiclock -10ms earlyer then Push

They could not reproduce that in Berlin ;)

har har.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

kryptonitejesus

Post by kryptonitejesus » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:04 am

Having this issue as well, picked up a ERM Midiclock+ to sync my Push 3 along with my modular gear and the Push 3 cannot accept MIDI Sync or Start/Stop signals no matter what setting I try.

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:52 am

Midi clock in is not currently enabled on Push3 standalone. I expect they will eventually address this.

starkaudio

Post by starkaudio » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:34 pm

drxcm wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:52 am
Midi clock in is not currently enabled on Push3 standalone. I expect they will eventually address this.
Is there a published page where we can look up what is known to be not working? I haven't found the release notes page yet.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:32 pm

No there’s no page with known issues at the moment. Let’s hope the next update is a big one that fixes some of these bugs. 🤞🏼
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:51 pm

This Push3 standalone has been a huge let down for me so far. It just is not even close to prime time and so slow compared to just using ableton on my laptop. I suspect mine will be going back, and I will let them get the product up to snuff in a year or so and then try again.

mfrederickson

Post by mfrederickson » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:46 am

Found myself here after struggling with the same issue - I see External Sync as an option on the MIDI page, but can't seem to turn it on even though I have clock coming in the minijack MIDI in.

Oddly, the two port options, "Ableton Push 3 User Port" and "Ableton Push 3 External Port" aren't even mentioned in the manual, so I'm not even sure which is the minijack and which is USB A.