Vocoder on Push 3

Discuss Push with other users.
ezbot

Vocoder on Push 3

Post by ezbot » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:03 am

I am not seeing a carrier input selection on the Vocoder device in the Push 3, all you can do is change formant and add noise/filtering to your voice. Am I missing something? In the Desktop version you can select a synthesizer input to act as the carrier from a MIDI track so that you can have synthesized voicing and make chords.

Also my RME UCX is running on ADAT and the Push recognizes input 2 as input 10.

Any help would be appreciated.
youtube.com/ezbot

Machinesworking

Re: Vocoder on Push 3

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:14 am

Can't help with the Vocoder, but I'm going to be doing the same thing with an RME Fireface 800 and ADAT, and RME allow you to reroute ADAT in/outs. So you might be able to fool Push3 by routing to other ADAT outs in the RME? I just saw a youtube video where the lady mentioned ADAT reading at 9-16 so that's not surprising now, it's possible Ableton is accommodating for something in the future here, or it's just a weird anomaly.

dh2k

Post by dh2k » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:50 am

Vocoder side chain can't be controlled on the Push since a long time (i was missing this feature even on the P2), seems to be they still haven't implemented it in the P3. Really sad about this, bc it breaks the flow if you have tor each the keyboard+mouse just to add a side chain to the vocoder. I'm wondering if Ableton is reading these forums.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:53 am

Yes, those parameters are still missing. Hopefully this will change soon.
Ableton Forum Moderator

FlipBit

Post by FlipBit » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 am

As a workaround you can add midi tracks in advance and mute/unmute them to switch them on and off if that is helpful.