Push 3 Not Appearing as Control Surface

Discuss Push with other users.
Naugrim

Push 3 Not Appearing as Control Surface

Post by Naugrim » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:31 pm

For some reason, my (not stand-alone) Push 3 isn't showing up as a "Control Surface" in the Link/Tempo/Midi tab. However, I can select it as a controller for an instrument in a given track, but it doesn't actually work. I see the midi light in the upper right corner of the Live UI activate with the orange square when I press a pad (indicating it's picking up a midi input), but that won't arrive as midi in the track I've armed. The only way I can get the Push 3 to work correctly is to put it in "All Ins" mode, and then it works perfectly. But, that's not OK obviously. I need to be able to select a specific track to use the Push 3 on . Anyway, I'm assuming it's a bug, and filed a ticket 2 days ago, but if anyone has a workaround I'd appreciate it.

Just an FYI, I'm on the latest version of the Mac OS, I have a Push 2 working no without issues, Live is updated to 11.3.3, when I look at the dropdown for control surfaces, i see Push and Push 2 but not Push 3. I was thinking there's some kind of script that tells Live about my Push 3 that possibly didn't get run when I first connected it - but that's just conjecture. I was trying to find out my firmware info, but there is no software tab/info when I select the "settings" button (I'm assuming this is because I'm in controller mode and not stand-alone).

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 Not Appearing as Control Surface

Post by [jur] » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:27 am

Push3 doesn't show up in the Control Surfaces, that's not a bug, it's how it is supposed to be so don't worry about this.

Regarding the "all inst" vs "Push3" (or whatever it is called, I don't have it in front of me to check, sorry): it's the same behavior with P2 afaik. I always thought it was a bug, it's been reported etc, but it's still an issue in some cases it seems.
Hopefully Support will get back to you with more info on this.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Naugrim

Post by Naugrim » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:03 pm

Oh, thats interesting! Still doesn’t solve my problem though. I can pick my push 2 and have it work currently. Do you know how long are we having to wait for support? I know they’re backed up, but it seems like they have to deal with these issues in a timely manner as I’ll need to return it if it’s defective.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:39 pm

No idea on how long the current wait for support is, other than a lot longer than usual lately, sorry.