How to Transfer Ableton Kits into Push 3 Standalone (Guide)

Discuss Push with other users.
elgrayso

How to Transfer Ableton Kits into Push 3 Standalone (Guide)

Post by elgrayso » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:51 pm

Hey guys, I made a video on how to import your Ableton .adg kits onto your Push 3.
It took me a bit to figure it out, so I hope this helps some of you!

https://youtu.be/oftj6uFIYMI

zenkick

Re: How to Transfer Ableton Kits into Push 3 Standalone (Guide)

Post by zenkick » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:23 pm

This is a good tip.

For kits not created with Kit Maker, I've followed a similar process -- good on you for publishing this.

For Kit Maker kits (mostly for all my Maschine packs), it was terribly easy. I appreciate how your software kept things organized, unlike some other free/commercial kits/projects out in the wild.
Suite, Push 1, Push 2, Push Standalone

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:26 pm

Hi, thanks for this guide!

do you have an idea how to install 3rd party packs? (.alp)
at the moment i can only see and install packs via wifi (official) kits out of my ableton account.

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:21 pm

kreativsein wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:26 pm
Hi, thanks for this guide!

do you have an idea how to install 3rd party packs? (.alp)
at the moment i can only see and install packs via wifi (official) kits out of my ableton account.
I dont think I have any third party packs like that so I havent tried :|

pottering

Post by pottering » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:33 pm

After you loaded the drum racks into a new Set, you can go to Manage Files (File menu), and then click Manage Set, then click "Show" button(s) under External Files, it will show the files in the Browser, then you can drag and drop them all into Push, no need to save the Set, much less Collect All.
♥♥♥

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:24 pm

pottering wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:33 pm
After you loaded the drum racks into a new Set, you can go to Manage Files (File menu), and then click Manage Set, then click "Show" button(s) under External Files, it will show the files in the Browser, then you can drag and drop them all into Push, no need to save the Set, much less Collect All.
To go a bit further, once the files are shown: if they're part of your User Lib, recreate (or copy) its exact same files' structure into your Push User Lib before placing the files here. Jumping sets between computer and Push will be seamless this way.
Ableton Forum Moderator

elgrayso

Post by elgrayso » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:49 pm

pottering wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:33 pm
I tried this but I only saw an option to “Show” a file one at a time. Do you mean there is a way to show/select all needed files at once?

Otherwise , If you had 10 drum kits, that would be potentially 160 wav files to show and drag over individually