PUSH 3, Bugs and features wishlist

Discuss Push with other users.
brigleb

Re: PUSH 3, Bugs and features wishlist

Post by brigleb » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:20 am

There are a ton of great feature requests and bug reports in this thread!

Is there any evidence that anyone from Ableton reads these?

FabioLuca

Post by FabioLuca » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:49 am

- Having a Chord mode as in the Akai Force. This is pretty standard now.
- Be able to select the presets inside a third party VST

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:22 pm

brigleb wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:20 am
There are a ton of great feature requests and bug reports in this thread!

Is there any evidence that anyone from Ableton reads these?
Yes, they get read.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:33 am

Thought of something interesting, wonder if drawing automation via the MPE pads would technically be possible. To go into more detail, we don't yet have a way of drawing or seeing automations in a clip unlike Ableton DAW. In the Hapax sequencer, there's an amazing automation mode where you can draw automation using the 16 step wide pads. There's an interpolation mode to smooth the lines and you can zoom in and out of upto 64 bars. automation mode for a selected device parameter. A Pushs grid is only 8 steps wide, I was thinking that instead an automation lane could be displayed on screen but drawn manually by dragging your finger across the MPE pads, which would act a bit like a touch screen. Would be a pretty innovative and unique capability that only the Push 3 could really handle. Bit of a wild idea but makes me wonder what could be possible!

Aqueum

Post by Aqueum » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:13 pm

clmfrt wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:15 am
  • Sometimes (seems to be random, but more likely after a crash and reboot), note editing mode doesn't work, and notes can't be selected with the jog wheel in the piano roll.
Wouldn’t it be brilliant if Ableton had a bug tracker… I’ve just read every post in this thread trying to find a workaround for this. Options seem to be changing tracks an unknown number of times or a full reboot. While I’m surprised that it’s still an issue 6 months on, it would be good to know if anyone had a reliable workaround that wasn’t quite as much of a mood-killer as a full reboot.

JannisPablo

Post by JannisPablo » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:31 am

Feautere wischlist:

No Ground Noise at Headphone Output when power Cord is in....!
USB Audio!
Lock device like synths and drums when using Send and Return Effekt line or Master line...

Or is anything from this possibel without me notising it
?

brigleb

Post by brigleb » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:50 am

In terms of bugs, I’d just like to mention that my P3S seems to have the oft-reported issue with the pads glitching out, which requires a hardware reboot or something equally dramatic to remedy. For me, this happens in controller mode too.

I do have a small wishlist going!
  • When a Macro Variation is mapped to a knob, like in the Demo & Sketch sample project, all you see is an integer. It would be really nice if you could see an overlay on the screen with some text that said the name of the choice you are making as you rotated the knob. Without this, it's impossible to know which variation you've selected on standalone. (Even better, an interface to somehow browse the macro variations directly on push would be cool.)
  • It would be great to see the automation, and possibly edit it on a clip view on the screen, as you can with the notes.
  • It seems like waveforms are not visible while you are recording, but it would be really helpful to see some sort of feedback, so you know how your audio recording is going, and for monitoring.
  • Obviously, the ability to set follow actions on clips would help a lot with the lack of arrangement features. Not the first to request this one!
  • It would be amazing if you could mark projects as needing sync, so that when you connected the push to your computer, it updates the project on both devices with the latest version from whichever has been most recently edited.

lookmom

Post by lookmom » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 am

1. Make it when switching between control and standalone modes you are able to continue to work on the same (background updated) set seamlessly.
2. I would like to trigger external actions(visual fx, cues, dmx etc) by sending/receiving midi from my ableton set ran from push3 standalone mode. ie akai has a network midi driver for devices like mpc live that allow easy midi i/o (Wi-Fi and cable) to computer or devices reachable on the same local area network.

spbaker64

Post by spbaker64 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:27 am

lookmom wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 am
1. Make it when switching between control and standalone modes you are able to continue to work on the same (background updated) set seamlessly.
Expanding on this- Push SA should work as a wrapper/host/audio/midi/interface with anything that it is connected to it when swapping a Live set over to the computer. If I want to change a MIDI mapping assignment on a set I'm working on standalone I have to unplug the midi controller from the Push, plug it into the laptop, map the control, plug it back into the Push etc. Also the same with the MOTU Ultralite MK5 connected to the Push via optical, shouldn't I just be able to select the Push as audio interface and see all the extra inputs and outputs? Currently when making a change to the SA Live set (mapping midi, macros, etc) the set is dead as all the routing is wrong.

So if the Live software on the computer saw the Push as THE ONE DEVICE with PERIPHERALS then there'd be no need for changing audio routing on tracks, unplugging midi controllers etc.

Is this too big a wish or is already documented or am I doing it wrong which is always a possibility 8O

offcmd

Post by offcmd » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:48 pm

Hello all.
I just sold my Native Instruments Maschine + and ported all my sets to Push 3.
I am in awe that is not possible to tweak follow action settings for scenes in Push 3 standalone.
Please fix this Ableton.

I am aware that this can be done on laptop, but going back and forth between laptop and hardware takes too much time.
If you want to know why I want to stay in standalone, this is because Push 3 as a controller doesn't send MIDI to external hardware which is how I need my setup to work.
Thanks!

lmbauer2017

Post by lmbauer2017 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:05 am

When editing a clip in Loop selector mode, I can hold select+whatever pad, and the clip view highlights all notes that pad has to be edited at once. Sometimes this feature doesn't work. I have to browse around, selecting different views/instruments and then it eventually lets me select again. I believe this is a bug, unless there's some setting that keeps the clip from being able to be edited?

EDIT: I looks like this has been fixed in the latest beta 1.1.20b7! Thank you Ableton <3

CH7

Post by CH7 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:10 am

If we are adding requests.

first/ request would be a faster way to load packs. even if this meant plugging in an external drive with the packs, and copying in bulk from there.

The next/ request would be a third view dedicated to the push 3.

An arrangement view for the push which was comprised of blocks of clips and a playhead with autofocus.

You could either record the track by 'playing in' these in from the clip view as a performance or build the sequence as a form of step time arrangement. The clips would be played on the pads, whilst the 'clip arrangement' viewed on the screen.

These blocks could be duplicated, to create variations on the original clips, so changes on one clip don't affect every other area the clip is played.

The idea is once you have this blocky 'song' fleshed out, you could send its audio channels to the computer to start the arrangement view properly.
Last edited by CH7 on Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:31 am

Yeah the pack loading is definitely tedious.

CH7

Post by CH7 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:39 pm

offcmd wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:48 pm
Hello all.
I just sold my Native Instruments Maschine + and ported all my sets to Push 3.
I am in awe that is not possible to tweak follow action settings for scenes in Push 3 standalone.
Please fix this Ableton.

I am aware that this can be done on laptop, but going back and forth between laptop and hardware takes too much time.
If you want to know why I want to stay in standalone, this is because Push 3 as a controller doesn't send MIDI to external hardware which is how I need my setup to work.
Thanks!
I'll still find a use for my Maschine mk3, but translating most of its expansion packs and its library samples to the Push 3 via Kit maker app.
https://www.kit-maker.com/transfer-able ... tandalone/ The combination of Maschine sounds and Push should be fantastic.

If only there was a way to simply plug in an external drive and load its Ableton-compatible contents into Push. This would save so much time.

CH7

Post by CH7 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:08 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:31 am
Yeah the pack loading is definitely tedious.
What was Ableton's developers thinking? New device, new user with 70 gb of data to update.
How can we make this procedure slower, so it doesn't burden our servers?

This is already a very painful procedure on Live Proper, but to find the same made worst here on Push is so frustrating.

Ableton needs to enable a 'Shift' option on the screen where the packs have loaded waiting to be installed.

Pressing 'Shift' with a 'Download ALL', and 'Install ALL' option at the top of that screen, with maybe a 'Hault ALL', or 'Resume ALL'.

This shouldn't take more than a day to program and should be out with the next firmware.
Then folks can go make a cup of tea or do something useful whilst the Push does the rest.

Live 12 is just around the corner and this needs to be done already.

Right now each time you install and wait, then it takes you to the screen for that newly installed pack, so have to start all over again.
Come on Ableton sort this out already!