missing:

- open/close VST plugins
- Audio clip-> gain -> „delete+touch“the encoder -> did not reset to zero
- better and more edit possibilities for Audio clips like
start/end locator -> it jumps in too big steps even with „shift“
play options like reverse, warp modes-> all functions
- clip launch and quantise options
- dito all for midi clips

- Mix page: /sends and /pans -> please add a small level meter per track ! to see what is happening, where
- Drum Rack out selection for each cell

Bug:

- Browser Instruments: the icons are not showing the difference between Instruments and Racks (.adv/.adg)
it’s not like in the Ableton live browser
- if browsing samples with long names, would be nice to have the selected sample with the full name on top of the display

- Drum Rack Return track -> how to get there ? How to find and select the plug ins I have on return tracks of a drum rack ???
- ( And how to control the sends in a drum rack ?) —> ah, got it ;-)
- Drum Rack Mix/2. page —> „delete+touch chain pan and send“ is not working. It shows up on the display, but the value is not RTZ

session view: muted clips are not recognizable !

thanks and I hope the best

;-)

xeamus

Re: PUSH 3, Bugs and features wishlist

Post by xeamus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:18 pm

Update:

1. new set
2. create a note on the bottom row, first step on a miditrack (no need to load a sound)
3. hold that note and extend it by holding the last note on the same row (8 stepslengths). Shouldn´t this show on the screen?
4. Delete the first note you put in and put in same note and then hold it
5. turn any knob
6. Push crashes

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:28 pm

If you want to report bugs, you should contact support too. Just posting them here won’t necessarily get them seen.

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/

xeamus

Post by xeamus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:28 pm
If you want to report bugs, you should contact support too. Just posting them here won’t necessarily get them seen.

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/
I have. I do wondering if other users have had the same problem.

unknownfunction

Post by unknownfunction » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:20 am

How was this created without a proper performance mode. Where is the ability to control multiple parameters whilst launching clips.

dcjams

Post by dcjams » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:59 am

unknownfunction wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:20 am
How was this created without a proper performance mode. Where is the ability to control multiple parameters whilst launching clips.
What is a 'proper performance mode' and what do you mean by 'control multiple parameters whilst launching clips'?

Either could mean any number of things so it's difficult to tell exactly what you feel is missing.

xeamus

Post by xeamus » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:00 pm

dcjams wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:59 am
unknownfunction wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:20 am
What is a 'proper performance mode' and what do you mean by 'control multiple parameters whilst launching clips'?

Either could mean any number of things so it's difficult to tell exactly what you feel is missing.
I think of macros. Using knobs to change different parameters on different instruments while launching clips.

neardeafexperience

Post by neardeafexperience » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:47 am

After a weekend of using Push 3 standalone, it is phenomenal in many ways. That being said...

+vote on the following things needing to get fixed:

1. Automations stop recording and usually the only fix is to reboot
2. Editing Notes in the clip editor stops working and usually this also requires a reboot
3. I couldn't find a way to rearrange scenes inside push 3 or edit scene properties like follow on actions; am I missing something in the documentation or are these features not available?

The first two are real workflow killers. They take me right out of the creative flow, and the main reason I was willing to drop the extra cash for the standalone was to get rid of distractions and hopefully reinforce the flow.

the_voder

Post by the_voder » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:22 pm

Feature Request:

Ability to manipulate warp markers. I push and pull these around a lot on the Desktop version, and it's a shame it doesn't seem to be possible in Standalone.

analog_rome

Post by analog_rome » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:09 pm

Spending the last year learning and using the M8 tracker, and having the dirtywave discord for support, I've been spoiled to experience how responsive and proactive an instrument maker can be... A one-man designer, programmer and builder, personally responding within hours/days to questions and issues. Talk to the discord and one way or another, you're going to get definitive answers.

Obviously these are very different businesses, but I hope a post like this in an Ableton company forum can get at least some acknowledgement and dialogue from the Ableton staff.

I am still a little in awe everytime I power up the P3S, it is the music maker I've wished for for years.

deano09

Post by deano09 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:16 am

Bugs

1. Having problems with Visual display in Mix Mode, the volume meter lags, especially when using soundcard on the push. Sometimes the display completely doesnt show any volumes as its playing.

2. Also when hitting the mix button twice, you go to mix mode for certain channel and usually see the Return Sends, this sometimes glitches out and disappears.

3. When dragging audio effect to new location, some of the parameters disappear, and need to click out and click back in,

Anyone else had these problems? I just updated and made sure I am fully up to date with everything including ableton.

Im not running standalone
Mac 10.14.4

Polymyth.PM

Post by Polymyth.PM » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:09 pm

Would love the ability to assign A/B cue outputs to tracks for DJ style performances, along with the ability to use the touch strip as a crossfader.

A screen for custom macros would be great too. Preferably one that can point to assigned parameters from multiple tracks. Akai Force has this and it’s clutch for live performance.

Dysonant

Post by Dysonant » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:56 pm

STAND ALONE ONLY.

Maybe I missed it but have not see these mentioned:

- Ability to save or assign a default set.
- Ability to edit Clip Envelopes (HOW IS THIS NOT A FEATURE? $2000 and I cannot automate a parameter?)

Mentioned but worth mentioning again:
- MPE OUT to external devices

BUGS
- adjacent notes entered at default width tie the gates and do not send gates over USB MIDI. manually reducing the length of gates is a bullshit solve.
- Clip edit just stops working randomly. Once it stops, that is it. You can't do shit that requires memory anymore. You can still use it as a MIDI controller, but can't edit, can't select notes, can't save.
- I have on many occasions, but intermittently seen the currently selected steps disappear from the pads in the Melodic: Sequencer + 32 notes layout. The sequence part of the pads just goes blank. Sequence still continues to play

freidimensional

Post by freidimensional » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:24 pm

- Midi Sync!!! Its unbelievable that its not implemented yet
- different Tempi and Time signature per Scene...

elbows

Post by elbows » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:30 pm

Dysonant wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:56 pm
Mentioned but worth mentioning again:
- MPE OUT to external devices
Works for me on standalone, is there some additional detail to this point?