support customer satisfaction Email address ?

Discuss Push with other users.
dest4b

support customer satisfaction Email address ?

Post by dest4b » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:29 am

Hi

is there any mailaddress where we can complain about support and the product at all?

As i have many open cases in support, where i get standard answers like:

Reset Push installing Push propperly.. and send over the logfiles.

And i dont think they are reading it before they send out the standard reply.

You buy a Product with a tonns of bugs.
And the support even does not understand what you are talking, about im a bit nerved.

I was part of the Betateam for akai force. There was ab big interest in reprocedure the Bugs and the most technicans on the other side was understanding what you are talking about.

Now i am part of a big bublic Beata with PushStandalone.. and i feel realy standalone.

Im a Unhappy User. !

My last Tickets i created like that:

Midi Muting is not working correct.
Situation:

- Midi Muting is not working correct. In external Instrument it is not muting midi at all.
- On normal Miditrack it does not send midi off command as you press Mute. Results in Note hiccups.

Wanna Check it ?

External Instrument:

Connect a Synthesizer to your Mixer. Connect Midi or USB to Push ..

Use an "External Instrument" Plugin on a Miditrack to sequence an external Synthesizer. Choose Midi port and channel. Set some Notes.
Press Play. If you presss mute on Push the Midi Notes are still triggering the Synth.

As it is adviced from ableton to use the External Instrument for External Instruments
That means there is no Mute possible, if the Synthesizer is connected to a External Mixer.

Just Midi Track:

If i use just a normal midi track with a midiclip for sequencing an external Synthesizer, mute is partially working.

that means: if you press mute until a note is played Push dont send a Note Off via Midi. It prevents only Notes to be triggered until Mute is active.

Use a Midi track configure output port. Configure Midi channel. Create longer Notes in a sequence .. press play
Now press Mute until a Note is triggered. Note is hanging until a new note on the same key is triggered

answer is standard reply like i written above.
Or i dont get even an answer like for the freaking out touchstrip.

I think they will get a lot of units back in the next 20days.
Last edited by dest4b on Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

peeddrroo

Re: support customer satisfaction Email address ?

Post by peeddrroo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:52 pm

hi

the "bug" you're describing has nothing to do with Push. That's just the way External Instrument works.
When you mute the track, it mutes the audio from the synth, and the MIDI is still sent to your synth. This way, you can unmute and hear the notes that were already triggered in the background.
If you want to mute the MIDI, you can either use a seperate MIDI track like you say, or use some MIDI Effect that will cut the MIDI signal.

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:57 pm

Not a Bug .. mhm is that the answer to the question of a general complain email adress of ableton? Do you decide what a bug is ? That seems to be exact the way support works. Not reading ;)

off toppic.. this is not a bug thread! it was just an example from my support tickets how i desceibe it.

And yes in my opinion a midi track shuld not be muted by audio also not as external instrument. Midi clips have to be Midi Mute ( note off and stop semding notes until Mute is on ) so you get the release of a sound. Thats the way it nearly works on Midi track. But here Note Off for the current playing notes is missing.

just my 5 cent.

And if you are not shure about if it is a bug or not. take your push and test it by yourself.

pleas read again.

Just Midi Track:

If i use just a normal midi track with a midiclip for sequencing an external Synthesizer, mute is partially working.

that means: if you press mute until a note is played Push dont send a Note Off via Midi. It prevents only Notes to be triggered until Mute is active.

Use a Midi track configure output port. Configure Midi channel. Create longer Notes in a sequence .. press play
Now press Mute until a Note is triggered. Note is hanging until a new note on the same key is triggered.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:23 pm

Muting a midi track mutes its audio output. That's how it always worked in Live and it makes sense.
Regarding muting midi notes from Push: hold the Mute button and press the corresponding step in one of the 2 sequencers pads' Layout.
Ableton Forum Moderator

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:28 pm

Muting midi tracks without note off for the current playing note is a Bug !

I dont want to discuss that here.

If you could provide me a email address where i can write my thoughts about the product and support. please go on.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:30 pm

But if every user reports bugs that are the just the way Live/Push works, it is not surprising that you're receiving "general email" as an answer.
Support is probably submerged by questions right now.
So please be kind and ask first your questions here, we're all happy to help you.
Thanks.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:33 pm

There is no email address, if you want to contact support you’ll need to follow the same steps you already did before:

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/#contact-support
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:43 pm

peeddrroo wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:30 pm
But if every user reports bugs that are the just the way Live/Push works, it is not surprising that you're receiving "general email" as an answer.
Support is probably submerged by questions right now.
So please be kind and ask first your questions here, we're all happy to help you.
Thanks.

If you want to talk about if it is a bug or not.
Do the following:

Open Ableton Live on your computer

Create a Midi Track Set some Notes in a CLIP .. longer notes so you can hit Mute until they play.
Route Midi to a external synth
make shure that the Synthesizer is connected to your mixer.

Press play in ableton start the clip

Press Mute during a Note is PLayed to mute the Track ( Not a Note in stepseqúenzer. )=
Midi Track is Muted also Ableton sends a Note Off to the Synth. The note is not hanging

Try the Same on PUSH Standalone !

It is a BUG !. Fakt .

All other discussions related to the BUG please follow the Link:
viewtopic.php?t=247536