Push 3 Stand Alone cannot change tempo or time signature?

Discuss Push with other users.
Machinesworking

Push 3 Stand Alone cannot change tempo or time signature?

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:29 pm

This is from the Push 3 bugs features list..
clmfrt wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:15 am
  • Make possible to set different tempos and time signatures in different scenes
So it only has one global tempo and time signature?

This is the same mistake that Maschine makes, the MPC on the other hand allows for these things. My complaint with the MPC was that it's a convoluted mess to set up a scene with another time signature, it is possible though. I've got Push 3 stand alone on pre order, I would seriously think about canceling it if this isn't a feature that they're already working on implementing. The Maschine Studio sits in the corner packed up in my studio, I don't need a more expensive paperweight. :(

Is there any way to find out what is happening with this? it's a deal breaker for me to not be able to do more than one time signature in a song, and I'm already acutely aware song mode is a hack. Can it at least read scenes with various time signatures imported from Live Suite?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 Stand Alone cannot change tempo or time signature?

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:23 pm

You can set your tempo and time sig but only globally, i.e it can't be automated via Scenes from P3 Standalone yet.
The way to do it atm is to prepare this in Live and then transfer the set to P3S.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:11 pm

[jur] wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:23 pm
You can set your tempo and time sig but only globally, i.e it can't be automated via Scenes from P3 Standalone yet.
The way to do it atm is to prepare this in Live and then transfer the set to P3S.
OK this is massively disappointing for me and others who do other time signatures. For me it's rare to stay in 9/8 for the entire song, and about half my songs have a part in another time signature. One thing I would need not to cancel my order is some sort of confirmation that this a "feature" that is in the works for the near future. I cannot afford another expensive paperweight like the Maschine Studio, 10+ years later and still one global time signature. I'll be honest I don't expect an answer I will like. In porting Live to Push 3 they left out that feature for a reason. :cry: It would be a total mistake to count on hopes or expectations for base features. I already went down that road with Maschine.

So, is there any indication that Ableton are planning this in the future?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:11 pm
You know Ableton don't communicate on plans. All I can say is that you're not alone, and I'm in this camp hoping for this too.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:54 pm

[jur] wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 pm
Machinesworking wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:11 pm
You know Ableton don't communicate on plans. All I can say is that you're not alone, and I'm in this camp hoping for this too.
Yeah I get it, ugh! I wanted to go all in right away but I simply can’t, I’m going to write sales and change my order to the non stand alone version. :(

I cannot rely on our wishes, NI have never given support to multiple time signatures in Maschine and closer to home it took Ableton 15+ years of requests to get a key command to open up the piano roll full screen, glacial in some ways doesn’t quite explain it! :lol:

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:02 am

I'm afraid they've made exactly the same mistake as NI... Releasing a variant of one of their products and stamping it "standalone" because there's a CPU inside, but without asking whether it was really usable in full standalone.

Every time Ableton answers a question with "you have to use the software for that", it's going to create frustration (and even more so given the astronomical price asked for this "standalone" model).

I hope that the development team will get down to coding very soon...
but in any case, this should have been planned BEFORE the product was released.

Nobody expects to have a complete Ableton Live, with all the little functions. But at least all the midi functions should be present.

The absence of tempo changes, time signatures... (I don't even know if they've implemented this part: x2 / :2 / legato etc for midi clips)
the ability to send program changes (!!!)....
If the P3S has the pretension of being at the center of a midi instruments setup... It's clearly in need of improvement.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:32 pm

[jur] wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:23 pm
Long shot, but can you set the time signature for a Clip at least? In old timey days that's how I would get 7/4 in a 4/4 Set.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:57 pm

Just chiming in to say that time sig and tempo are a MUST HAVE in standalone.
Shift+Scene would be perfect. (What's the current difference between hitting a scene and shift+scene anyway ?)
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

freidimensional

Post by freidimensional » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:14 pm

+1 for different time signatures and tempo, its even necessary like the missing Midi Sync option