Ableton Ethernet activity

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bkruppik

Ableton Ethernet activity

Post by bkruppik » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:58 pm

I wonder if everybody is epxriencing this ? It looks quite wired (or even suspicious).

The moemnt I run Ableton Live11 (Win10) I see wired activity on my Ethernet port. I understand the program checks and validates the licnse every while but this activity happens with the frequency of about 1 sec. There is about 20-50j upload and 4-8k upload. I also noticed , while monitoring the ports that the Up/DOWN values repeat,

it almost looks like a PING runing in the background. This happens with Live loaded into RAM. No project open and no instruments on the tracks.
Now - I am not this is related or not, but since about 3-4 days I noticed unacceptable delays while using the program. I can have a single audio track and record some live Mic sound (2-3 min). When I STOP, it takes about 30 sec for the clip to be available. I just upgraded my PC to Intel/i9/16cores and 64Gb RAM so with those specs it should fly. It became super frustrating so I am looking for possible solutions.

https://ibb.co/pRgZT0S

https://sadarahu.imgbb.com/

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton Ethernet activity

Post by [jur] » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:30 pm

Is your Live Browser connected to the Cloud service (for the Note app)? Or to a standalone Push?
Ableton Forum Moderator

bkruppik

Re: Ableton Ethernet activity

Post by bkruppik » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:13 pm

I have made a mistake to connect to the cloud. I noticed this before your message and disabled it. It was running fine for few days and today I am experiencing the same problem again. The wired thing is that when I see the program running and using CPU and power, there is no HD activity. After recording 3-4min audio I have to wait 3 min to access LIVE. Super frustrating.