M4L Solution for Dynamic Device Chain Macro Control

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
oddeo

M4L Solution for Dynamic Device Chain Macro Control

Post by oddeo » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:45 am

Is there a M4L solution to have a set of midi controller encoders automap to a specific device with a given channel?

I'll better explain....

I have a custom Yaeltex controller and have built a custom control script using Control Surface Studio. This is such a great combo for Live, but not forPush 3S!

I have many custom features build into the script, but the main feature that I'm missing on my Push 3S is how when I select a track, 8 of the encoders on my controller always automap to the second device in the device chain. I also have a button that switches this behavior to focus on the 3rd device in the chain. (This approach was inspired by the Softube Console 1)

Since Push 3S doesn't support custom control scripts, I ended up buying an APC40 mk2 to get me through until the day that Push 3S supports custom control scripts. My goal is basically to have the APC40 encoders (either set) to always focus on device 2 or 3 of the selected track, that way I can use the P3S encoders to tweak instrument parameters while simultaneously using the APC40 to control effects parameters.

Any thoughts on M4L approaches that could do something similar?
Live Suite 12 / Push 3S / MacBook Pro M1 Max 64G RAM / SS Prophet 6 / Moog Minitaur / TR-8S / Zen Delay / BigSky / Yaeltex Custom / APC40 Mk2 / KeyLab Mk2 / BCR2000 / FCB 1010 / UA Apollo 8 / other random gear