Upgrading the shaper device

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
oscarstott

Upgrading the shaper device

Post by oscarstott » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I frequently utilise the Max 4 Live Shaper extensively, encompassing a myriad of applications ranging from sidechaining to intricate EQ morphing. However, attaining the precise shape often proves arduous, requiring considerable trial and error. Moreover, I have observed that Max 4 Live tends to exhibit lag on my computer compared to native Ableton plugins, which have a high-quality feel. Hence, I would like to propose the notion of making this plugin stock, enabling its expansion (like EQ eight) and the addition of diverse curvature modes. This enhancement would markedly facilitate the task of shaping and editing, thus greatly enhancing the overall user experience.

Thanks

condra

Re: Upgrading the shaper device

Post by condra » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:21 pm

Agreed.

I would love to see Shaper updated to be "fully native". And as mentioned above, improvements to drawing envelopes would be great.

Furthermore, could Shaper be expanded to compete with enveloped multi-fx plugins such as Effectrix and Tantra? It already does something similar, but we cannot easily cycle through envelope and routing presets.

A buffer based slow/stop/reverse device (or new function in Beat Repeat?) would be the icing on the cake.