Ableton support doesn't respond to process Push return

Discuss Push with other users.
resequenced

Ableton support doesn't respond to process Push return

Post by resequenced » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:10 am

I've reached out to support the third day after my Push 3 arrived. Someone from support replied four days later, right after posting on the forum.

They've received more crash logs and details regarding issues I've noticed while reviewing my own crash logs. I waited for a while and asked when a new software release would be out to fix the issues with the software.

I asked last week what's the status of the update and when we're likely to receive the update. I didn't want to keep the Push 3 standalone for more than 30 days. I didn't want to find myself stuck with this thing If it stays as it is and only some minor bugs get fixed.

The reply was that I shouldn't worry about that until the next public version of the software. I didn't want to find out if this was the next beta version for Push or the final version. The changelog for 11.3.10b1 didn't fix all the bugs and problems we've encountered so far.

I've told the person from support on Wednesday that I wish to return the Push 3 standalone without waiting anymore. I didn't want to return it after 30 days. It was unlikely that all the bugs would've been solved in the following few days through a new stable release.

Ableton support hasn't replied again after this person stated on Wednesday that my support ticket was being sent to the team who handles returns.

I'm not sure what's going on. Do they have tens of thousands of Push 3 units out there or a combination of orders, returns, returns with hardware defects and other issues? Do they just choose to ignore requests for returns for a while, hoping the customers give up or change their mind? I choose to think they're just very busy.

This post is strictly about support. If your Push 3 standalone doesn't have any hardware defect or flaw, and it is everything you'd hoped it'd be, that's good for you. Other people's experiences won't make you enjoy your Push 3 any less as long as you're not running into the same issues.

dest4b

Re: Ableton support doesn't respond to process Push return

Post by dest4b » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:27 am

same for me. In my Setup Push is nearly unusuable regarding Latency and Midi functionally.
I reqeuested to send it back on 16th june.. ( nothing happend.. but now marked as "solved" and again on 20th of june.
No answer. nothing.

Im verry unhappy because i waited 20Years for something like push3 Standalone.. But they screwed it totally up.
(At least for me and my Setup it is unusuable ) :(
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:15 am

dest4b wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:27 am
same for me. In my Setup Push is nearly unusuable regarding Latency and Midi functionally.
I reqeuested to send it back on 16th june.. ( nothing happend.. but now marked as "solved" and again on 20th of june.
No answer. nothing.

Im verry unhappy because i waited 20Years for something like push3 Standalone.. But they screwed it totally up.
(At least for me and my Setup it is unusuable ) :(
I'm shocked. Ok, we need another approach.

hellnegative_

Post by hellnegative_ » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:13 pm

My friend who his sending their P3S back hasn’t heard back from support regarding their return since June 14th. While I appreciate that it’s given me more time to test random things on the push, it sucks that he’s not been able to get his money back.
Last edited by hellnegative_ on Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:04 pm

Everyone who wants to return their push will be able to. There’s no conspiracy here, support is just extremely backed up with various requests at the moment. Patience. You’ll get to return your units if that’s what you want.
Ableton Forum Administrator

mai

Post by mai » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:48 pm

Here it is the same. I received a P3s with several hardware defects. Not a single response for 2 weeks. Today I called Ableton. There is only an answering machine that says: "telephone support is no longer available until further notice". Great!
[erm] wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:04 pm
… support is just extremely backed up with various requests at the moment. Patience….
Honestly? Receiving a defective device and then being ignored for such a long time is not acceptable at all! If Ableton is so overloaded with sales and returns, they MUST leave it to a professional (dealer). It cannot be that the paying customer is neglected so much.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life - and that is many, many years by now. ;)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:35 pm

Have to be honest, I'm getting flashbacks of when Live Suite version 8 came out.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:49 pm

You and everyone else sadly.

drez

Post by drez » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:13 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:35 pm
Have to be honest, I'm getting flashbacks of when Live Suite version 8 came out.
Well, at least Live 8 was only software. Let's hope that a lot of the "hardware" problems turn out to be "software fixable" or that they can stop the rollout and fix the issues if they can. So hard to do once it goes to manufacturing.

Would definitely be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Ableton HQ right now! :)
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:12 pm

drez wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:13 pm
Machinesworking wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:35 pm
Well, at least Live 8 was only software. Let's hope that a lot of the "hardware" problems turn out to be "software fixable" or that they can stop the rollout and fix the issues if they can. So hard to do once it goes to manufacturing.

Would definitely be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Ableton HQ right now! :)
well to be fair 99% of the issues I read here seem like software glitches, and mostly Ableton has a great reputation for hardware, so unless a bad run got out, I'm guessing at some point they will be addressed in software.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:25 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:49 pm
You and everyone else sadly.
IMO, and it's only a guess, because I'm no insider.. There are some issues with the beta process Ableton uses and deeply invasive changes. They really couldn't "pubic beta" stand alone, so a huge swatch of the normal beta process for them is gone with Push 3. With M4L it was a similar issue in some ways, not many Live users were Max users, and they rolled it out in stages (if I recall correctly), which led to some internal bugs making 8 unstable in general.

I don't know the financials but I would have rolled out the Push 3 controller with the option to upgrade to the stand alone first, get all on board with that, then release the hardware with an "early adopter public beta" tag on it to again catch any bugs etc. Essentially as is stands there's no penalty or incentive to not just get the controller version and buy the internals later. The only thing is they're rolling out the stand alone first, by months as of now. IMO a backwards way to public beta new hardware, because while you get a few more dollars from folks, it ends up with some people being hugely disappointed.

vertgrall

Post by vertgrall » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:05 am

The greedy move they made with only selling it themselves was a mistake. I suspect they knew there were going to be lots and lots of unhappy customers after purchasing that if they went through normal sales channels like the previous push's the word would have gotten out there much faster that the Push 3 is a mess.

Everything they have done has proven that they are are way out of their league in shipping a standalone product.

There has been no public statement on road map. More importantly they were not exactly forthcoming with what the push 3 can and can't do. This was also missing from all the paid videos by Synthfluencers who got free/discounted devices....

I hope ableton can turn it around. But I'm so over paid promoters on YouTube. The level of grift is sickening. And Frankly I'm tired of moderators on here Downplaying everything. Customers paid money. Lots of it.
Last edited by vertgrall on Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:32 am

Moderators aren't downplaying anything. If anything we're just as frustrated having no other option but to tell people "contact support".

At the same time, there's a LOT of hyperbole and baseless speculation being thrown around about Push 3. Part of our role is to say "hey, slow down, that's not what's going on here and you're just making guesses".

Keep in mind many of us paid money too for Push 3. Lots of it.

vertgrall

Post by vertgrall » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:47 am

I appreciate your reply.

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:29 am

The forum's admins are the only people who have made an effort to help Ableton's customers so far. There's no official communication to let us know what's going on.
The fact that the forum admins have been answering questions is likely one of the few reasons why Ableton isn't being sued by many right now.

There's no roadmap for bug fixes, missing functionality or issues under investigation. There's no announcement to let us know that support is busy and they'll handle all tickets. It looks extremely bad from the outside. All we can see is that tickets go unanswered for weeks.

We've been made part of the alpha testing of a product we've paid almost 2000 euros/dollars without being told what state the product is in. I'm not even bringing up the missing features. The software bugs and the hardware issues we've dealt with in the existing functionality are enough to make me say this is hands down the worst expensive product I've ever owned. I'm not buying another Ableton hardware product again after this fiasco.

What's going on with customer support? How many Push 3 units has Ableton sold? How many people are working on the support teams? What is going on at Ableton?