I hear click and pop sound while just listening

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
kubilaykaratas

I hear click and pop sound while just listening

Post by kubilaykaratas » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:54 am

Hello all,

I don't take any recordings, I just design sound with certain plugins and while I've just created 4-5 channel sound, I constantly hear click and pop sounds. It continues even though I have optimized all the settings. Even though I tried all buffer sizes / latency, the same problem persists. Also all my drivers are fully up to date.

I'm having this problem on my desktop computer with windows installed. I don't have such a problem when I install the same system on mac pro.

I am using the asio driver for my own sound card(audient ID14). I thought that the problem was related to this and I installed asio4all, but because I faced the same problem, I went back to my sound card's own driver.

cpu meter barely hits 10-12%

rig:

windows 11 pro
12th gen i9-12900KF 3.2ghz
64 gb ram
1TB SSD drive for system and ableton
audient ID14
Last edited by kubilaykaratas on Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbletonMASCHINE

Re: I hear click and pop sound while just listening

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:37 pm

Hi, You didn't mention your buffer size. So I recommend trying different buffer sizes up to 2048 samples for playback.

Only for live recording of instruments etc. you need minimum buffer sizes / latency.

kubilaykaratas

Post by kubilaykaratas » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:00 pm

sorry, I didn't mention it yes, but the same problem persists even though I tried it in all size.

AbletonMASCHINE

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:11 am

Hmmmm, then I would ask in the audient forum for help. Maybe it's a Win 11 / driver issue. Do they offer beta drivers?

My Win10 / i9 / Focusrite Clarett+ pre combi runs flawlessly and clicks or pops only if I set the buffersize too low while using heavy granular plugins etc.