Cannot sync Push 3 Standalone to external MIDI clock via MIDI In

Discuss Push with other users.
bertolt

Cannot sync Push 3 Standalone to external MIDI clock via MIDI In

Post by bertolt » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:37 pm

I am trying to sync my Push 3 Standalone to an external MIDI clock, connected to Midi In with a TRS-A adapter. When Push 3 is in Controller mode, clocking Ableton Live this way works, so clock source and cable are in order.

However, when I switch to Standalone mode, I cannot get the Push 3 to sync to that Midi clock. Under Setup > Midi > Input "Ableton Push 3 External Port", I selected Track, Sync, and Remote. Under Setup > Status, I activated Play Sync. Still, my Push 3 does not react to an external Midi clock (neither start nor BPM). My Push 3 has firmware 1.1.2

I filed a ticket with Ableton support about this a week ago but have not heard back. In another thread on Push 3 Midi Sync issues (viewtopic.php?p=1812283&hilit=clock#p1812283), someone said that Push 3 does not support Midi clock in yet, but I haven't found a reliable source for this claim.

Does anybody know more or have a solution?

Thanks, Bertolt

Tarekith

Re: Cannot sync Push 3 Standalone to external MIDI clock via MIDI In

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:08 pm

I believe this is a known bug, hopefully a fix will be out for it shortly.

bertolt

Post by bertolt » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:43 am

I just got a response from Ableton support:

>Wir sind uns dieses Problems bewusst. Es handelt sich leider um ein noch (fehlendes) Feature
>Im Moment ist es leider nicht möglich, Push 3 mit einer externen Clock zu synchronisieren.
>Push als Taktgeber zu verwenden funktioniert allerdings.
>Als Alternative steht im Moment lediglich Link zur Verfügung.
>Wir arbeiten an einer Lösung. Leider kann ich im Moment nicht sagen, wann diese in Push/Live intergriert sein wird.

Translation: We are aware of this issue. Unfortunately, this is a missing feature. Unfortunately, it is not possible to sync Push 3 to an external clock. Using Push to send clock should work. As alternative, only Link is available. We are working on a solution. Unfortunately, I cannot say when this will be integrated into Push/Live.

What a bummer. I find it hard to believe that Ableton ships a 1900 EUR hardware beatbox that cannot be synced to an external Midi clock - a feature that is industry standard since the 1980s. I am very disappointed, this breaks my intended workflow. :(

freidimensional

Post by freidimensional » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:00 pm

--What a bummer. I find it hard to believe that Ableton ships a 1900 EUR hardware beatbox that cannot be synced to an external Midi clock - a feature that is industry standard since the 1980s. I am very disappointed, this breaks my intended workflow. :( ---

Thats excactly my Point, why i hadnt bought Push 3 until now.
But - Support told U they work on this? I really Hope they do better than Akai with new MPC's and Force - of course you can sync and use it as Midisequencer and Sampler, but U cant use than the Looper and U cant record in Audiotracks than.
I m Not Sure Bit i think its Not easy to work with Audio and sync to External Midi - thaty why many Loopers have Problems with it, too..
But Ableton live on Laptop ist able to be synced and Work correctly, so i think they will do it with Push3 also.

Pospik2705

Post by Pospik2705 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:05 pm

So , any news updates ?

randi

Post by randi » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:17 pm

working fine in beta (has been for a while already)