Push 3 Audio Dropout

Discuss Push with other users.
Cloth Ears

Push 3 Audio Dropout

Post by Cloth Ears » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:06 pm

My Push 3 has replaced an old audio interface on my Windows 11 PC. Occasionally I get audio dropouts. It seems independent of what I am doing on the PC, just watching a youtube video or playing a game. I do not see any errors in the Windows logs. I have tried upping the ASIO buffer to 256 samples from 128, but it still occurs occasionally.

Is any other user experiencing this?

Are there specific Ableton Push 3 logs somewhere? I note that there is an {"audio_drop_outs":"0", section in %appdata%Roaming\Ableton\Live Reports\Usage. Of course this is only for when Ableton is running. The dropouts occur seemingly randomly without Ableton running.

It may only happen for 1 or 2 seconds and then not again for several hours. Very frustrating as you had one job audio interface!

Cloth Ears

Re: Push 3 Audio Dropout

Post by Cloth Ears » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 am

After looking at Latencymon it would seem that the latest Nvidia GPU drivers may be the cause of this. Will rollback and test when I get a chance.

Cloth Ears

Post by Cloth Ears » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:30 pm

On further analysis, although Latencymon was reporting issues, no dropout occurs with other sound devices.

I also remembered that I started to use the power brick when I updated the Nvidia drivers. The issue does not occur when the power brick is in use, only when powered over USB-C.

I have not tried uninstalling the graphics card and using the CPU's embedded graphics, just to look at the issue from another direction.

I think I may raise a ticket with support.

SicKness_SK

Post by SicKness_SK » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:01 am

I am having the same problem using push 3 as my audio interface. I have tested this on both mac chips, an m1 and an older mac mini as well as just recently a fresh windows 11 install. Is this there a resolution to this issue? I created a ticket as well with Ableton but curious if you had any luck.