Push 3: How do I control the current track with an external MIDI controller when in Session view?

Discuss Push with other users.
TheEntireRobot

Push 3: How do I control the current track with an external MIDI controller when in Session view?

Post by TheEntireRobot » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:05 pm

External MIDI devices only seem to control the current track when Push (standalone) is in Note view and not when Push is in Session view.

Is there any way to have an external controller control whichever track is currently selected while in Session view? I can't figure this out, and it's really frustrating! I want to use a Linnstrument with Push 3, and have Linnstrument basically replace the built-in Note view.

Just_Pierre

Re: Push 3: How do I control the current track with an external MIDI controller when in Session view?

Post by Just_Pierre » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:12 pm

TheEntireRobot wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:05 pm
External MIDI devices only seem to control the current track when Push (standalone) is in Note view and not when Push is in Session view.

Is there any way to have an external controller control whichever track is currently selected while in Session view? I can't figure this out, and it's really frustrating! I want to use a Linnstrument with Push 3, and have Linnstrument basically replace the built-in Note view.
Is this solved in the meantime?

TheEntireRobot

Re: Push 3: How do I control the current track with an external MIDI controller when in Session view?

Post by TheEntireRobot » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:03 pm

Just_Pierre wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:12 pm
Is this solved in the meantime?
You're the first reply, so no!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:22 am

TheEntireRobot wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:05 pm
Is there any way to have an external controller control whichever track is currently selected while in Session view?
Nope, the track needs to be armed (or its input set to Monitor IN, but in this case it'll control every track with monitor IN and "your external device" selected as the input source).
Ableton Forum Moderator