live object model selected device bank

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
grrrz

live object model selected device bank

Post by grrrz » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:43 pm

I'd like to know if it's possible to get the selected bank of 8/16 on a device by a remote controller. Can't seem to find anything in the LOM. (if not I could still catch the next/prev bank CC and use that but that's an extra step). I wanted to make a little display "hud" for a remote controller and I managed to display the parameter names of the bank but nothing on the selected bank.
Also I asked elsewhere but there's no way to go beyond 16 encoders per bank is that correct?

grrrz

Re: live object model selected device bank

Post by grrrz » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:53 pm

ok I have another problem; when I list the parameters with the LOM (with live_set appointed_device parameters M) I get a list BUT for a lot of ableton devices it doesnt correspond to how it's mapped to the live remote banks. I noticed macros are always in the correct order; some newer plugins like drift seem ok; but everything else is in a different order that the orders of the parameters (1,2,3...) apparently there's a device parameter id that seem to be global to the session and that's not what I use; should I use this instead? is there anyway to access the remote script inner working from max from live apart from the "appointed device" shortcut?