Any clue what a .bassline file is for?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
heythisisfabian

Any clue what a .bassline file is for?

Post by heythisisfabian » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:59 pm

I've just recently had a huge break from Ableton (years) and I'm ready to hop back in - I wasn't really that advanced before I drifted, but getting back into it, I've been organising my folders and then stumbled across this entire list of .bassline files, in a folder called 'presets'. This isn't anything to do with Ableton itself (they're not in the application, these are on my hard drive / in finder) and they are for sure from some preset pack I will have purchased or downloaded a few years back.

I just can't fathom what they hell they are used for? I tried dragging them onto tracks to see what they do. Nothing? Could they be presets for a synth I used to have? I have an elektron Digiton, a Korg Prologue, and I used to have a Nord Lead. Are these presents for synths or something I can use in Ableton?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please note: these ".bassline" files aren't just bass related. Some of them are called 'clarinet.bassline' or 'ST_Kickddrum_02.bassline'.

fishmonkey

Re: Any clue what a .bassline file is for?

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:42 am

maybe presets from TAL-BassLine?

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-bassline

heythisisfabian

Re: Any clue what a .bassline file is for?

Post by heythisisfabian » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:05 am

Hmmm that could be possible, I do have this plugin (not installed yet) but I don't know why I would have extracted all the presets (or downloaded them) just for this plugin, but I will try and load them in and see. Thank you