Unlock Push 3 - change collection names, default tracks, USB and more

Discuss Push with other users.
bouke

Re: Unlock Push 3 - change collection names, default tracks, USB and more

Post by bouke » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:23 am

If you unauthorize first, there is no issue to authorize again after the upgrade.

troyboymusic

Post by troyboymusic » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:49 pm

a screenshot of this file would be very helpful...specifically how they were added...

/etc/udev/scripts/mount.sh

not a linux expert but def a tech guy lol... I think this is the only step im missing...

bouke

Post by bouke » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:21 pm

There is a little bit more to it. I've recorded a video, however, not had to time to edit ... Will try this week.

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:51 pm

Could someone with access to the file structure of the P3 SA hard drive tell me what the path on the drive is to the folder where the samples are copied into the user library? I wonder if it would be possible to create an M4L with the possibility of changing the files that are loaded, for example, into Granulator III from P3. I wonder if you could try to create a menu with preloaded addresses to change them without having to go through the computer

btrrrrnnnnn

Post by btrrrrnnnnn » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:14 am

AlexDLarge wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:51 pm
Could someone with access to the file structure of the P3 SA hard drive tell me what the path on the drive is to the folder where the samples are copied into the user library? I wonder if it would be possible to create an M4L with the possibility of changing the files that are loaded, for example, into Granulator III from P3. I wonder if you could try to create a menu with preloaded addresses to change them without having to go through the computer
Try /data/Music/Ableton/User Library/Samples

There's also /data/Music/Ableton/Live 12 Core Library/Samples

and for G3: /data/Music/Ableton/Factory Packs/Granulator III/Samples

Basically /data/Music/Ableton/ is the root of the goodies in terms of samples :D

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:33 pm

Wow! Thanks a lot! I will try that as soon as I got my Push 3!

btrrrrnnnnn

Post by btrrrrnnnnn » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 pm

AlexDLarge wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:33 pm
Wow! Thanks a lot! I will try that as soon as I got my Push 3!
Oh sorry, I didn't realise that you didn't have one yet.
So I tried a few things and nothing worked.
It seems that granulator 3 likes the samples to be in Ableton's proprietary format aif. That's no issue, just drag a wav into a project and consolidate it. Putting the resultant file into the granulator samples path produces nothing. It just doesn't appear when you navigate there on the push.
I even tried saving a G3 preset and then copying that across with the sample but again no.
The only thing I didn't try was the official way of connecting the push and dragging stuff in, so that may work. Either way, I think we're a major rethink away from the same functionality that you get with G3 on the desktop which is a shame. It is a Max device though so maybe someone will figure something out. As it is, it's almost pointless to even have it on the Push 3.