audio re-pitch upgrade

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dmyra

audio re-pitch upgrade

Post by dmyra » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:29 pm

I mostly use re-pitch, and never notice any sound change. Except when working with guitar, then Sometimes not always when i start chopping the loop, there is a degradation. i love using takes and that has been a godsend. but i always try and get full loops and not make composites. sometimes i will even do the loops in another app depending upon if i want to use the guitar as the main voice.

many thanks as always to one of the only non-sellout companies on this Earth. may it always remain so ✨🎶

Slow Hand

Re: audio re-pitch upgrade

Post by Slow Hand » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:55 am

What kind of degradation are you experiencing with the re-pitch algorithm?

Of all the warp algorithms it should be the least prone to artifacts and distortions because all it's doing is modulating the sample playback rate. It should the most "pure" out of all of them. I can't think of a reason it would introduce any unintended problems, but I'm curious to hear what you're hearing.

dmyra

Post by dmyra » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:18 pm

Slow Hand wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:55 am

Of all the warp algorithms it should be the least prone to artifacts and distortions because all it's doing is modulating the sample playback rate. It should the most "pure" out of all of them. I can't think of a reason it would introduce any unintended problems, but I'm curious to hear what you're hearing.
hey sorry! i have to put notifications on.. duh :idea:

yes it should not happen theoretically there is no reason.

its only with guitar that i can hear it. and its not always. when i am comping the take lanes sometimes i will add segment and i will Clearly hear what sounds like one of the other warp options. its super random. i would say it happens about 10 percent of the time. its not that bad.
to say more clear, it "sounds a little warbly".

i have been able to even avoid this by shift the samples fractionally, or using a different segment. over the past year i have kind of found these work arounds.
if its like an acoustic guitar track sometimes i'll just do it in cubase. i do prefer ableton though by a lot. its about the only thing i ever do in cubase anymore

dmyra

Post by dmyra » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Slow Hand wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:55 am

After a year and a half kind of monitoring the situation i have found this. It only happens sometimes this degradation, while using
Re-pitch. its not very often and even shifting the sample microscopically can relieve the problem. shrug