push 3 collections browsing

Discuss Push with other users.
mercury007

push 3 collections browsing

Post by mercury007 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:01 am

I have created several folders in my user library and sorted all of my effects, synths, etc and then added those to my collections. So my collections have folders. Everything is easy to use on my Mac.

But when I try to browse with Push 3, the folders do not show up in my Push 3 and in many cases the collections will not load at all. Anyone else having issues with browsing in Push 3?

soulbrilliance

Re: push 3 collections browsing

Post by soulbrilliance » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:23 pm

Not sure if your presets are Ableton or 3rd party, but I just got Push 3, I can't access the hundreds of AU and VST presents I made in Live that I used to be able to browse in push 2. One workaround I found that is tedious, is to put them in an instrument rack.

braduro

Re: push 3 collections browsing

Post by braduro » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:34 pm

It's a different collection set. Even the labels do not carry over.
I guess when you pair the Push 3 over wifi, you could drag them temporarily into a folder named the same as your collection ("blue", even, would work). and then re-categorize them once they are on push.

But first, I think this is an invitation to reconsider the criteria going into your categories specifically for the Push.
For me, there are more stringent standards for stability, usability, performance expectations etc. So depending on what you liked and didn't like about your presets within Live, you this may or may not be relevant to your categories on Push

So it might come to pass that anything that doesn't make it into the new categories on Push is soon purged from the machine.
Or it might mean that I create a category just for m4l devices that have working banks
Or one category just for composition and one category that has been battle tested in performance, you get the idea.