Ability to change arrangements in a single project.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Zachariah Moreno

Ability to change arrangements in a single project.

Post by Zachariah Moreno » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:05 pm

FL Studio has a feature that allows you change arrangements of your song within a single project and I would like to see this in a future update of Ableton.

This is feature in described in the FL Studio manual:

"An 'Arrangement' is the layout of Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips in the Playlist. Use the drop-down 'Arrangements menu' on the Playlist Title Bar to manage multiple versions of the project (working ideas, sound design, versions etc)."

If Ableton had multiple arrangement views, this would be helpful for sound design and other ideas of a track.

oscarstott

Re: Ability to change arrangements in a single project.

Post by oscarstott » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:50 pm

I can't see this feature integrate well in Live. :cry:
Why don't you simply scroll in time and create a new arrangement there?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:35 pm

I'm all for it. Live sets at this point, you know the thing Live got it's name from? well they either consist of Clips, one long song in the arrangement, or Scenes as entire songs. There's a few examples of how to do this, but IMO Digital Performers Chunks are the most elegant, you can even have different plugins in different sequences or songs etc. if you're clever about it you can cut load time Down to nothing between sequences.

It's extremely useful when using Live as a compositional tool, to have one Set that has a sequence that's all MIDI and VSTis etc and one that's all audio files so you can use mastering tools etc. This all being in the same Set is extremely useful IMO.

baseinstinct

Post by baseinstinct » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:13 pm

With meta-clips plus legato as an option, you could alternate on the fly live for an extra layer of creativity :)
This could also have its dedicated meta-arrangement batch...

I don't know the architecture of FL but with live, if you want to experiment with sound and melody variations, rack snapshots and scences come to mind.
You can even keep midi and vst(i) separate in Live - as you could for ages.

If you have some particular tricks in mind, might already be possible the live way.