Audio Dropouts in Live 11 with Dante Virtual Soundcard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ableton at Victory

Audio Dropouts in Live 11 with Dante Virtual Soundcard

Post by Ableton at Victory » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:07 pm

Hello!

Some context; We're using Ableton to play back backing tracks from arrangement view for worship sets at my church. Typically there's 3 "songs" loaded into ableton arrangement view with some space between each song and we're controlling locater flags with Touch OSC on an ipad to hop between songs and sections.

I'm having audio dropout issues when playing audio files through ableton. The CPU load is under 10% and Ableton continues to play the arrangement - but the audio drops completely. It's as if someone muted the output and then a few seconds later, unmutes them. It is seemingly random as I have had it happen on arrangements that only have one or two tracks playing back and songs that have 12-15 tracks playing back. It's dropped for anywhere from one to twenty seconds at a time before coming back.

This seemingly started out of nowhere.. We've been running tracks this way for 3 months with no issues. Nothing has changed, nothing updated, prep hasn't been any different; but it's been happening consistently during live sets for several weeks now. Not sure if the issue is Live 11 or Dante.

Some notes that might help:
  • Ableton Live 11.3.2 Suite (I am going to try updating, I heard 11.3.2 was really buggy)
    Audio output to Dante Virtual Soundcard (20 channels). Dante isn't showing any drops, network disconnects, etc.
    No Audio input device
    Tracks are warped in complex pro
    Computer is basically clean other then Ableton Live 11, Touch OSC, OSC Bridge, & Dropbox. No other programs installed.
    Samples running at 128. We've tried different buffer sizes; same issues.
    Not running any plugins that aren't stock
    IAC driver setup to loop sections
Computer specs:
  • MacBook Pro (14-inch)
    16 GB Memory
    Apple M2 Pro chip with 12‑core CPU and 19‑core GPU
    1TB SSD
Any help, thoughts or insight would be much appreciated! TIA!

cids

Re: Audio Dropouts in Live 11 with Dante Virtual Soundcard

Post by cids » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:52 pm

Did you test without Dropbox running? As this is cloud based it might have updated itself during the last weeks and causing the issues...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

Ableton at Victory

Post by Ableton at Victory » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:28 pm

We haven't!

We are going to try this now

mdjewell1989

Post by mdjewell1989 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:46 pm

I am curious if there was ever a fix found for this. we are having the exact same issue, Were were running Live 10 and updated to live 12 thinking maybe that would have fixed some bug in the system but no such luck. Any help would be appreciated.