PUSHSUG-00076 - Arrangement view ideas

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dargdm

PUSHSUG-00076 - Arrangement view ideas

Post by dargdm » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:53 pm

I've seen that PUSHSUG-00076 has been already reported and is actually the most reported as well.
The reporting user made a photoshop sketch to know how would it work.

I've been working on that idea and photoshop and I thought this could be the most accurate approach for an arrangement view.
You navigate by the menus using the upper buttons and the upper knobs. it would work like any other ableton push navigation menu.

The selection for the already existing marks is using a dropdown list...

The edit tab could also change the lenght and position for each clip using a dropdown list of the available clips in session view. With one of the unused buttons you add it to the arrangement and then place it using the knobs.

The automation tab could control each control of each device or FX mapped as the arrangement view works in live desktop mode from a dropdown list. Just press record and change the parameters of the selected device and the automation will be recorded in arrangement view.

Sorry for the size, better to open the image and zoom it to read it properly.
It's obviously not as powerful as the desktop but could work with a pre-arranged live set to perform.

It should be possible to still play tracks from session view while the arrangement is running to improvise with external gear for example.

Do you have any idea to add? Please join to the centercode and promote this suggestion as well if you are interested!

Just_Pierre

Re: PUSHSUG-00076 - Arrangement view ideas

Post by Just_Pierre » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 pm

I already upvoted for this (essential!) one. I like the way you think it can be implemented, looking very functional.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: PUSHSUG-00076 - Arrangement view ideas

Post by [jur] » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:05 pm

[moved to the FW]
Ableton Forum Moderator