Push3 Standalone Companion App

Discuss Push with other users.
sigabort

Push3 Standalone Companion App

Post by sigabort » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm considering working on a companion app, primarily for Push 3 standalone, in the new year which would run on an iPad with the 2 devices communcitating to provide a combined experience.

I have a few idea of things I'd like to implement, but wondered if this is something that would be of general interest to people, and if so, what kind of things you'd like to see implemented?

Cheers, Lee

jeblo05

Re: Push3 Standalone Companion App

Post by jeblo05 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:57 pm

Lee, looking forward to see you working on the Push 3!

What I’d like to see first is some kind of file transfer from an iPad. Imagine YouTube to lalal.ai app for stem separation then export to Push…

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:26 pm

A Performance Page with volume faders, mute and solo switches for 8 tracks all on one screen. Make it big so I don’t have to squint on stage when trying to grab controls. 👍🏼

DavidassMagoza

Post by DavidassMagoza » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:11 am

Not sure how possible it would be but it would be great to see a medley of the missing basic features such as:

-Mapping of modulation parameters (ie:LFO device etc)

-Mapping grouped device parameters to the macros

-Access to randomize device and device presets based on this

-Any missing clip functionality such as follow actions, the new live 12 features etc

-Extension of what is on the push display (ie: if in mixer view, all mixer options are shown on ipad)

-Ability to apply grooves (crazy this is not already a feature) from groove pool.

-Ability to quantise audio

-Automation editing with your finger

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:04 am

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

monoamine

Post by monoamine » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:27 am

Hi how are you getting on with this, I think it’s a great idea and would make push3 the most complete standalone production and live performance tool, probably unrivalled, I’m surprise ableton are not implementing something like this themselves. I did ask them, I said why don’t you call it ‘Pull’ for push haha.
Good luck on your quest!

Leave Trace

Post by Leave Trace » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:04 pm

I'm a heavy iPad and Push Standalone user. I'm very interested in something like this.

monoamine

Post by monoamine » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 am

I was thinking would it be possible to have a sort of arrangement view screen so we can finalise arrangements. I also like to edit two or more audio tracks stacked so I can chop and rearrange breaks, it helps to have waveform view in order to keep the groove in sight.
I understand this may not be available given the limited nature of the standalone version of live. But it does have a session record function which will appear when you upload the project to live on the computer so maybe it’s in there someplace.
Also making it integrated with the Apple Pencil would be amazing to have seperate functions assigned to fingers, pencil and the double tap function.
Oh and saving racks etc and all the things people have said before.
Also on the performance mix screen make the faders switchable between the volume and sends for dub style mixing.
Thanks.
Hope this happens. !!