Push 3 Audio Outputs - Failed?

Discuss Push with other users.
zenkick

Re: Push 3 Audio Outputs - Failed?

Post by zenkick » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:35 pm

I've sent numerous followups to support after they confirmed that my second Push was also defective, including a picture of my serial number and confirmation of my mailing address (which was asked for during my first replacement.)

I still have yet to receive any reply -- it's been nearly a week now.
Suite, Push 1, Push 2, Push Standalone

drez

Post by drez » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:59 pm

Can you post a video somewhere? Would be educational for me to see where/how its broken.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:53 pm

First Push - Audio Out #2 stopped working. It just stopped after a few months use (per first post in thread. Ableton confirmed the unit was defective.

Second Push - Audio Out #2 is ~6db lower than Audio Out #1. If you route the Push Outputs and to the Push Inputs and setup an audio track, the issue is obvious. The output meters are even. The input meters are not. Ableton confirmed the unit is defective after reviewing my settings in detail.

I'm using this thread to document my experience with Ableton support with regards to my Push.

At this time I do not plan on releasing any videos to the community regarding my issues.

drez

Post by drez » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am

zenkick wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:53 pm
At this time I do not plan on releasing any videos to the community regarding my issues.
Why not? Would be good for people to see what a broken interface looks like.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:31 pm

Update:

This morning I was informed that responding to my own ticket (using the actual ticket thread on the web -- NOT A new support ticket, mind you), will push the ticket to the bottom of the queue, rendering it with a lower priority. I've replied many days after most times, asking for an update:

---
"Thank you for getting back in touch with me. Please excuse the late reply, again. Please understand that tickets are always in a queue for us, and we reply to them in their incoming order.

But should you keep writing to us with no reply from our side, as you did in this case, the ticket falls back in line because the system thinks it is a newer ticket thus not as urgent as older tickets. I hope you understand what I mean.

Of course, you did not know that, and please accept my apologies again!"
---

This doesn't seem right to me, honestly.

But I digress...

In addition to the above I was also told that it would be sent off to handle the coordination of my second replacement.

And for those in the community that may find this helpful:
drez wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am
zenkick wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:53 pm
Why not? Would be good for people to see what a broken interface looks like.
This is what my "broken interface" looks like (it was diagnosed as a defective amplifier, fwiw.) It's exactly as I described it to support and subsequently here in this thread.

https://imgur.com/a/w19PXzn

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:42 pm

I am still waiting on an update to receive the shipping label for the return of my second Push 3.

This is actually ridiculous now.

There is no further troubleshooting necessary -- it's simply a return label.

When this happened a while ago with my first Push, it was diagnosed in a couple days and the shipping label was sent on the third day. I had a new Push in a bit over a week. Perfect support. Perfect turn-around time. I was very satisfied.

I can't say the same for this experience.

And, apparently I can't reply asking for a status or I risk being pushed to the bottom of the support queue.

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:01 pm

And another 3+ days have passed and my ticket has not been updated.

Too bad I can't risk it by asking for a status...

*shakes head*

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:33 pm

FWIW I'm going through this too right now. Once they agreed it was a warranty issue it took about 7-10 days before I got the shipping info and label to send it back. They're not just singling you out at least.

dcjams

Post by dcjams » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:58 am

You would think a company with the smarts to create Live and Push in the first place might have the wit to use a more sophisticated support ticketing system than the one they appear to be using. Is there really not a checkbox somewhere to say ‘maintain priority of this ticket regardless of follow ups’?

The thing I find troubling is the wait times haven’t gone down. Push 3 came out months ago. Have Ableton not been able to employ and train new staff in this time? Why are they still so busy? Are hardware issues and software questions dealt with by separate teams?

You would hope ‘my unit is bricked’ would always get priority over ‘how do I save a set?’

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:27 am

Tarekith wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:33 pm
FWIW I'm going through this too right now. Once they agreed it was a warranty issue it took about 7-10 days before I got the shipping info and label to send it back. They're not just singling you out at least.
I guess my expectations were a bit higher considering my *first* unit's return was turned around very quickly -- from diagnosis to label to new order to receipt.

This particular experience has me waiting for a responses longer than the resolution of my first ticket.

Thanks for letting me know that it is just not me.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:04 pm

dcjams wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:58 am

The thing I find troubling is the wait times haven’t gone down. Push 3 came out months ago. Have Ableton not been able to employ and train new staff in this time? Why are they still so busy? Are hardware issues and software questions dealt with by separate teams?

You would hope ‘my unit is bricked’ would always get priority over ‘how do I save a set?’
Doing customer support is one of the more thankless jobs out there. I’m sure it’s not easy to even find people who want to troubleshoot why a 13 year old computer system can’t run 120 tracks and then get yelled at about it by customers daily. :lol:

dcjams

Post by dcjams » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:11 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:04 pm
dcjams wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:58 am

Doing customer support is one of the more thankless jobs out there. I’m sure it’s not easy to even find people who want to troubleshoot why a 13 year old computer system can’t run 120 tracks and then get yelled at about it by customers daily. :lol:
Yeah fair point, and it’s not the support people themselves choosing the system. That would be a corporate or management decision. Maybe even one made years ago. They could be tied into a contract.

I have a poor fitting volume knob which I initially thought was a hardware issue. I’m waiting on a new batch. I told the support guy I’m totally happy to wait and thanked him for his help. He thanked me back for being so nice to him and so nice about it. In fact I can dig out his reply. Hold on. Here it is:

“ Thank you for your kind words. It really helps a lot to get these words of appreciation, especially these days when we are flooded with tickets, and people get rather impatient with us!”

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:21 pm

I received a follow-up and a shipping label yesterday late afternoon (in the US.)

The response included an apology, an upgrade to express shipping and some Ableton swag. Shortly after, I received the 0 dollar invoice for the replacement. Shipment is pending.

Unfortunately, the UPS stores were already closed, so I can't dispatch it until 12/26.

I'll follow-up here after I receive the new unit and put it through the tests to determine if the new unit has the same issues (or others.) If it does, and I can work around it, then I will likely create a ticket until the point of acknowledgement and hold it open until I need another warranty return or it's the end of the warranty period -- whichever is latest.

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:28 pm

I received my (second) replacement P3S a couple hours ago.

I can confirm that the most recent amplifier issue (ie: hardware outs 1 & 2 were ~6db out of alignment, contrary to the mixer showing even) is not present in this unit.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:55 pm

Good to know, and glad you got it resolved eventually!