How do I midi map on Push 3 Standalone?

Discuss Push with other users.
kreativsein

Re: How do I midi map on Push 3 Standalone?

Post by kreativsein » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:59 pm

But this the Standard Workflow Right? There is no remapping on standalone. With the m4l Device u have to Setup just one Time than u can remap all knobs directly in standalone. No Need for Software or any other workaround.

I mean i use a Template with 8 preconfigured Tracks but i dont know what Instruments i will use later. But now it dienst matter because the Track is premapped with midifighter and Possible to Route any Parameter off any device to the midifghter knobs in dtandalone
kingof9x wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:04 am
I found a decent workflow for mapping midi devices for push stand alone. It would be nice to have a way to do this on the device but once i have my midi device mapped i don't need to change it very often.

I have an fx rack i lut together on my 2nd fx send mapped to a midi twister. When its all set i save the live set and put it in the template folder on push stand alone. Then when i want to use the fx rack and my midi controller in a blank session i just open the template. I tried setting it as the default template but that caused some problems when i had to downgrade my push beta to 11 to be able to update to 12 on the push.

Just_Pierre

Post by Just_Pierre » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:36 am

kreativsein wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 pm
hey i got a m4l device what can map midi cc to a premapped external controller programmed by elisabethhomeland.
iam not sure regarding sharing this script, i have to ask before but i can show u the way it works. if u are interested in ^^

here is how i use it. premapped midifighter https://youtu.be/uBU-G68UMrs
That's looking good! Which m4l device is that? I own a Faderfox UC4 and I think that m4l device is very useful to make mappings for my Push 3 standalone.

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:08 pm

at this stage, its not released but i asked him to share the script. if i got the go, i will provide the script here

Just_Pierre

Post by Just_Pierre » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:51 pm

kreativsein wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:08 pm
at this stage, its not released but i asked him to share the script. if i got the go, i will provide the script here
Thanks!

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm

In a similar way to what Elisabeth Homeland has done with the LFO mapper for the Push 3 (you can find it on her Gumroad page), what I have done based on his patch is create an M4L that sends the CC signals to another M4L patch . In this second patch we select the CC channel we want to listen to and map the value to any control within the P3 SA.

https://llllllll.co/uploads/short-url/l ... nIIEe.amxd
https://llllllll.co/uploads/short-url/4 ... hGfhX.amxd

The credit for creating this patch is exclusive to Elisabeth Homeland and I have allowed myself to adapt and share it since his M4L device on Gumroad is free with free contributions.
Last edited by AlexDLarge on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 am

hey can u show a an example how to setup for example for a external midi controller?

AlexDLarge

Post by AlexDLarge » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:52 pm

Just insert the "Push 3 Midi CC Play" M4L device in a MIDI track. In that midi track go to mixer and select the input from the external device connected to the USB port (the USB3, not the USB-C). If the device is not visible in the "INPUT" selector, probably you need to go the setting in the P3 and under MIDI scrol till you find the controller and tick the "remote" and "track" boxes. In the midi track don't forget to set the monitoring to "IN".

Once the External midi controller is connected to the P3 and the M4L Play device is loaded in that track, if you move any CC pot on the controller you should see the CC change to that number and on the right side you will see the value itself. Those knobs don't send information. They are just there to know what CC number we are receiving.

Then, if you load the "Push 3 Midi CC Receive" on any track (MIDI or AUDIO track), select the CC number in the first slot and you shoud see that value received from the player. Then, the only thing you need to do is MAP that valu to whatever control on the P3 and that value will be in gray color meaning that it's controlled by the incoming CC.

Hope that makes sense.

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:33 pm

sure i got it! thanks :D

in this case i have to add the recieve device for example 4 times on a track to map 4 cc´s right?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:53 am

AlexDLarge wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm
In a similar way to what Elisabeth Homeland has done with the LFO mapper for the Push 3 (you can find it on her Gumroad page), what I have done based on her patch is create an M4L that sends the CC signals to another M4L patch . In this second patch we select the CC channel we want to listen to and map the value to any control within the P3 SA.

https://llllllll.co/uploads/short-url/l ... nIIEe.amxd
https://llllllll.co/uploads/short-url/4 ... hGfhX.amxd

The credit for creating this patch is exclusive to Elisabeth Homeland and I have allowed myself to adapt and share it since her M4L device on Gumroad is free with free contributions.
Him/He = Elisabeth Homeland

Cheers
D