Occasional noise burst that creeps into the recording

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Korhan

Occasional noise burst that creeps into the recording

Post by Korhan » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:44 pm

Hi there,

Sometimes I have this noise burst that lasts 1-2 seconds happening when I work with Live, regardless of the version (happened with Live 10 as well). I thought it was some sort of a driver issue with my MOTU Ultralite, but it happens with my Sound Devices MixPre-6 and even Push... and sometimes when I use the Mixpre as input and Push as output. Occasionally, this manifests itself as very short thuds, which go away when I turn audio off and then back on in Live. I don't have such issues with other audio software. I had this with my older laptop and the 2021 M1 Macbook Pro as well. I kind of think it might be a Live issue, but don't want to arrive at conclusions.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? It's pretty random. Sometimes doesn't happen at all, sometimes every 4-5 mins.
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

muffinmorpheus

Re: Occasional noise burst that creeps into the recording

Post by muffinmorpheus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:48 pm

I have the same problem, but no solution yet. have you found anything that might help?

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:32 pm

Not a third-party plug-in that isn't happy? Some make noise if they're not registered or the like. Never heard a thud though...

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:46 pm

I think the key is to set audio inputs, outputs, sample rate etc before you start working on anything, including loading a set. This seems to have solved the issue.

I have recently toured with a Laptop Push 3 modular setup where the modular would go in Push 3 inputs and then into Live. Haven't had any issues, but then, I wasn't recording anything.
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

notecrusher

Post by notecrusher » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:11 am

I've had my fair share of troubles with Live, though not exactly the same issue. Have you tried tweaking any settings within Live or on your audio interfaces?