Constant Live Guitar

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
ravmitterhoff

Constant Live Guitar

Post by ravmitterhoff » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:02 pm

1. I want a set up for a live performance where my guitar is always live. In session mode when the monitor is set to auto after you record a clip, the clip starts to play and the monitor shuts off so you can no longer hear the live guitar. Also even when the monitor is set to in, when a clip is stats to play the monitor shuts off so you can no longer hear the live guitar. So I set up another track where I do not record but have the monitor set to in so I can always hear the live guitar. Does this setup make sense?

2. The problem is, when I go to record I am monitoring the guitar twice, once from the record track and once from the live track which is a problem because the guitar effects are different depending on the track, clean, distortion etc. Is there a workaround for this?

yur2die4

Re: Constant Live Guitar

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:55 pm

Create a channel that is exclusively for monitoring, not recording/looping. This channel can have fx if necessary.

Create 1 or more channels that receive audio from the monitoring channel. Those channels are only for looping (monitor off). When they are recording, they record silently, when retriggered, they play back the guitar. And you can continue playing your guitar through the monitoring channel uninterrupted.